• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Morrowind Happy valentine's day from Socucius Ergalla

    Morrowind Happy valentine's day from Socucius Ergalla


    Happy valentine's day from Socucius Ergalla

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Well I certainly wouldn't complain ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Hackle-Lo is green,

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:46 PM PST

    So are other plants,

    Please help me, sera.

    Hainab stole my pants!

    Happy Valentine's Day, n'wahs!

    submitted by /u/SaintMeris
    [link] [comments]

    An oldie, but a goodie

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:23 PM PST

    My Morrowind Journal, Part II

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Link to the preceding post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comments/f0o172/my_morrowind_journal_part_i/

    Day 5

    I don't take enough pics. This was taken Day 24; see how we're missing someone?

    Pelagiad's inn has such a pleasant climate and cast of characters, I'm inclined to write this in the common room. There's Drelasa, the publican, who has something to say about everyone; then there's Yakum, the courteous if unsophisticated ashlander; then Samia, the condescending bosmer sorceress; Ahnassi, the adorable khajiit martial-artist; and Nelos, the dashing young bandit.

    Nelos just went off to find this breton, Maurrie. I met her on the road, earlier today, just as the fog turned to rain. She looked desperate, though she'd found shelter underneath one of the area's giant toadstools, and when I approached her, I thought I saw why: she was a near perfect picture of nobility, in her dress of fine and spotless silk, only her collar was torn, and the jewels that should have completed her outfit were missing.

    I asked her which direction her robbers took, and her eyes brightened as she raised her head. "Nelos--- Nelos Onmar!" she answered. "He went--- he went that way--- wait!"

    She ran after me, as I started down the road, my hand wrapped firmly around the hilt of my sword. She gave me her glove. A token for her hero, I thought, or maybe it was her own gauntlet that she wanted to throw?

    "Send this to him, please, then send him to me", she grabbed me by my shoulders and pled in a sweet and delicate voice. "And don't hurt him..."

    She had fallen in love with him!

    I don't think the feeling is reciprocal, even if Nelos acts to reciprocate. I bet he still sees her as a mark, albeit a willing one, but if she's satisfied with him and he's kept off thieving by her wealth, then I'm not bothered. After all, they're both adults, and no one can control falling into or out of love. In fact, I'd say a start to their relationship as adventurous as this is a big advantage, since it makes their tale worthier to tell.

    Ahnassi disagrees with me, saying I'm too cynical. Samia, meanwhile, disagrees with Ahnassi, but it seems she always disagrees with Ahnassi. They're actually close friends: the rivalry is just one of those things, although something else is bound to be behind it.

    https://preview.redd.it/l1527jlw3ug41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=62bdb85af2d991895dee99ef01da7b437481c3e6

    And then there's Yakum. Like I said, he's an Ashlander, which is a dunmer that's somehow more native to this country than the rest.

    They're named after the ashlands up north, where most of them live. He says he prefers it here, describing all the awful things that plague the northern landscape, chief of which are the Blight Storms, where foul winds stir up ash to get it everywhere, and the Soul Sickness that follows. Soul Sickness, mind you, not mere asthma or black lung, as its chief symptoms are not shortness of breath or fits of coughing and wheezing but strange dreams...

    Samia and Ahnassi are curious about why I went all solemn there, writing about strange dreams. Well, on the boat to Vvardenfell, I had one such dream, and having a greater affinity with magic than most of my fellow redguards, I could tell the dream was special. It was about ash -- about the storms -- about being chosen -- but that's all I can remember.

    Why did I have such a dream, landing on this island, when Yakum has so far succeeded in his bid to avoid them by heading here, where it's closer to the ashlands than my port of entry? When my friends Samia and Ahnassi didn't have such dreams, upon their own arrival? I....I think I'll ask Uncle Caius about this, when I get back to Balmora.

    Day 6

    Now, I would post pics of my favorite place in the game, but I don't want the bonus flair.

    I write this in a small cramped bedroom down in Suran. Cramped, because the room is all bed, half of it filled by my....roommate. Turns out Helviane Desele is the publican for one "House of Earthly Delights".

    Day 7

    I finally have a name for the group the guild secretly serves: the Camonna Tong, Morrowind's native mob. Desele was willing to part with her money when I used the same tricks I'd used on Sottilde a couple of days ago. If only those tricks worked on everyone...

    Leaving Suran, I rescued a couple of strangers from a couple of enraged beasts. I think the beasts were called Kagouti, and I think they were enraged because they were mating, but the day stopped being a blur only after my last job for Eydis.

    The job was legitimate, but no less depressing than the rest. There was a bounty on Dura gra-Bol, an orc who lived on the same side of the river as me and Caius. I talked to her, tried to convince her to turn herself in, but nothing. Persuasion has its limits.

    She died quickly, in her own home. No fight, just one quick cut across the neck.

    Day 8

    Ahnassi told me the other day she'd been having problems with the tong, and with what I learned from Desele I figured I should help her before seeking out the guild in Vivec.

    It wasn't subtle. There were four of them in that hut, such that my attempt at persuasion soon devolved into a shouting match. Then the shouting match turned into a brawl, and the brawl into attempted murder. One of them threw these sharp chitin stars at me, a kind of weapon I had never seen before, while the rest pulled out knives, two of which were enchanted.

    The knives did most of the work, if scuffs and scratches count as work. My foes, on the other hand, were all unarmored, hence the ease of my ordeal, but I'd rather it were no ordeal at all.

    Four broken bodies behind me, I sped out of Gnaar Mok via boat, landing on Hla Oad. Unfortunately, this village also has a major tong presence, but I'm sure today's deaths are tomorrow's news. What really hurts me is the lack of available beds. Right now, I've Luminous Russula for light, Violet Coprinus for pillows.

    Day 9

    I received a fabulous gift from Ahnassi, in return for taking care of her cares. A new set of clothes, along with a fancy book! Now I've three books in my possession, two of which I nabbed from yesterday's brawl. I'll read them all tomorrow morning, before I head back to Seyda Neen.

    The very first screenshot I took this playthrough.

    From Hla Oad the only place I could go was Seyda Neen, my port of entry. The clime there is similar to that of the Blackwood: it's warm and damp, with the land broken by shallow pools of brown brackish water, mushrooms and mangroves abounding.

    There are no horses on this island. Goods are delivered overland on the backs of these towering flea-like creatures, Silt Striders. Seyda Neen's strider is driven by one Darvame Hleran, whom Sellus Gravius, the local Imperial officer, recommended I hire for my first trip to Balmora.

    https://preview.redd.it/67w9g3is5ug41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=685258daae513457c7bac0416c6d253e96e82371

    I'm far enough from my journey to this island that I realize all the native dunmer I've met (aside from those I ended up fighting) have been as kind to my kind as Uncle Caius said, Darvame foremost among them. Her closest friend is an outlander, the down-on-his-luck imperial named Vodunius Nuccius.

    As a carpenter of the highest class, he came here under the notion that a fort was to be built nearby, and with the fort a proper town. But the Empire decided that Fort Pelagiad was near enough, so he got stuck doing repairs, which isn't much work even in a region this tropical. Now he's sustained only by the charity of others, in particular Arrille, proprietor of the local tradehouse, and Darvame.

    He pled his case in front of Darvame, and Darvame didn't seem the enabling type. He needed money, he said, to return home to Cyrodiil.

    Home....I felt for him, even if my latest memories of the country are far worse than my first two weeks here. Darvame seemed a little disappointed when I gave him the drakes he needed, but she was happy for him, too, and I promised to make it up to her by hiring her out for the remainder of my journey to Vivec.

    Taken Day 49. SWG's Skies + MGE XE + Glow in the Dahrk is amazing.

    Now back to Pelagiad. Samia shared her own concerns with me, when she saw how I'd helped Ahnassi, as she had been missing another of her close friends, Nels Llendo. I will note that I'm writing this in my room, because....well...

    Samia's most lucrative clients all come from the nearby Fort, so I understand why she puts such airs. Nels, her "good friend", is an even better friend to those who cross his path outside the village. He is polite, even courteous -- I suppose all Pelagiad's thieves are courteous -- but more so to the ladies, from whom his one demand is a kiss.

    From men, he demands cash, and courteous or not I didn't feel like being robbed that day. So he showed his true colors, on the road to Suran, and I responded in kind. We both had magic weapons, but all his dagger did was increase his skills by a bit, while my sword froze every every inch of flesh it pierced. An excruciating death, I'm sure.

    In lieu of Nels-moon (the only pic of him I've got), here's some Nirn-moons.

    I don't regret the injury I here dealt Samia, seeing as her Nels was robbing me. In fact, I suspect she's already accepted what happened to him. I hope her heart doesn't stay broken for long--- and I hope young Nelos gets the lesson.

    submitted by /u/RiverMund
    [link] [comments]

    Brief (and true) story of Morrowind

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:44 AM PST

    Need tips.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:52 PM PST

    I am approaching the ending of the bloodmoon. I have read a lot of horror stories about the final maze and that is why I have come to this place, where the destiny is made. How should I prepare for the final showdown? Give me some tips.

    My character is level 45 high elf. She has 100 long blade, 100 medium armor, 60+ alchemy, 60+ alteration, 60 marksman . Her int, endurance, str, speed are 100 and agility is 80+. Her health is around 450.

    She has royal guard armor (the red from tribunal), adamant helm, Wreightguard, and the powerful 2h sword from the imperial legion (crystalmere or something). Also a couple of artifact rings with constant effects.

    What should I do before going into the maze? What potions should I bring? How many? Should I bring repair hammers? Should I bring a bow? Are there specific items I need? Is ice (stalhrim) armor better?

    Any and all tips appreciated. It might save my elf's life. I am scared tbh.

    submitted by /u/PonyOfTheGalaxy
    [link] [comments]

    Game doesn’t start after Code Patch mod

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:35 AM PST

    [Note - reposted under a better title]

    Hi everyone, I've been wanting to play Morrowind for a while and finally decided to give it a go. There have always been two things keeping me from trying, though: the graphics (weird, seeing as I'm an avid Dwarf Fortress player, but there you have it) and the copious amount of bugs.

    Seeing as I had a lot of fun with the SRLE LOTD Reqtified mod setup during my Skyrim days - for the short while my dingy laptop could handle it - I decided to try the Morrowind graphical overhaul, which luckily included some pretty major bug fixes, and everything seemed to be working fine until the important part: the moment I apply any code patches from the MCP mod my game refuses to launch anymore. No idea why, but it launches again just fine the moment I undo that.

    I installed all the mods from the Misc and Texture replacement (all options for MGE XE allowed), and besides Remiros' groundcover (which keeps giving me an "UNKNOWN_GRASS" error for Solstheim whether I use it in Morrowind Enhanced or as a separate mod) everything seems to be working swimmingly. It takes a few minutes to launch the game if I have something else running in the background, but it works eventually. It's mostly the bugs I really want fixed, that's all.

    Pretty sure it's got nothing to do with my compatibility settings, but I'm not too savvy with regards to this whole thing yet and any aid would be mightily appreciated. One of my virusscanners (Sophos) was acting weird about the game the moment mods were installed until I allowed the modification of the .exe file manually, so that might be a clue. For the rest, I don't really know. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to give up on the bugfixes?

    Edit: I "solved" it in the end by disabling the part of my virus scanner that caused the problem, but I'd really rather keep using it as it's overall pretty nifty. If anyone can tell me how to set a Code Cave exception in Sophos that'd be pretty awesome, but I don't think I'll find an expert on that in this sub for some reason lol. Thanks for the replies, I'll go and have fun with the rest of the guide.

    Edit 2: Fixed it. Man, Sophos is weird.

    submitted by /u/Not_a_flipping_robot
    [link] [comments]

    Dwemers be like

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:40 PM PST

    1080p Resolution for Dummies?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Can somebody here please either talk me through or link me to a step by step guide on how to get Morrowind running at 1080p? I've done some searching, and what I have found I either don't understand or can't get to work, so I really need somebody to dumb it down for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Windows 10, Steam version of the game. I've tried some mods on Nexus that other threads have said give you the option to run the game at 1080p, but I can't get it to work, likely cause I did something wrong. Also tried using the regedit technique, but that hasn't worked either. What else can I try?

    submitted by /u/TheBigNast
    [link] [comments]

    I have cheated sometimes

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:59 AM PST

    For example for the Molag Mar quest, I needed Silver long sword for in the shrine quest I needed one and I was not feeling like going outside and going to a weapons shop so I use the console to get one.

    One time I have to boost my health to 1,000 because I was dying against a Lightning Altronach and Daedroth. Sorry. I least put my health back to 84.

    So yeah I have must up

    submitted by /u/Yikadore
    [link] [comments]

    *MCA* Unlimited bandits spawning in Ebonheart

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:35 AM PST

    Even after reconfiguring settings to not allow bandit attacks in cities they continued to spawn and I was forced to leave town (which RP wise could have been cool if I wanted the challenge). I have saved since then, maybe I should go back and see if it still happens?

    submitted by /u/DrakenGewehr
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] People who pay for rooms at inns instead of just walking out of town and resting for free, why?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:52 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment