• Breaking News

    Friday, February 21, 2020

    Morrowind Announcing the Morrowind 2020 Winter Modjam Competition - February 29th - March 1st!

    Morrowind Announcing the Morrowind 2020 Winter Modjam Competition - February 29th - March 1st!


    Announcing the Morrowind 2020 Winter Modjam Competition - February 29th - March 1st!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:38 AM PST

    The 2020 Morrowind Winter Modjam - February 29th-March 1st

    48 Hours - Three Themes - One Mod

    From the creators of Morrowind Modding Madness and the Morrowind May Modathon Month, the biggest annual modding competition in the gaming community, comes a new series of bi-annual events, the Morrowind Modjams! Twice a year, once in Summer and once in Winter, we'll be hosting these modjams in the proud tradition of the gamejams of the past, where modders will have one weekend, just 48 hours, to come up with, design, and release a mod that matches one of three different themes!

    Starting on February 29th and going through to March 1st, participating modders will have their skills and endurance tested as never before, with limited time to make their ideas a reality and release their completed mods on the Nexus before the 48 hour window is up!

    Unlike past competitions, this is a judge-free event, but we'll still be giving out png badges/achievements to all participating modders, and everyone will be entered to win randomly drawn prizes from our pool of indie and AAA games (with some 220+ games to choose from)! In addition, the top 10 mods from the Modjam, in terms of endorsements and downloads (by March 15th), will get their own video features on Morrowind Modding Showcases!

    As for how it works, on February 28th at 6pm (-6 UTC Time aka American Central Time) we'll be revealing our three Modjam themes, so modders will have a bit of time to try and come up with ideas to match one of the themes before the Modjam begins. All mods released for the Modjam must involve one of the three themes to some degree. Otherwise, the only other requirement is to release a mod on the Nexus within the 48-hour window with a tagline at the top of the mod description reading "Part of the Winter 2020 Modjam".

    You can submit a mod as part of a collaboration effort with another modder (or modders), or utilize modder's resources, or do a solo-mod. The only rule is no cheat mods!

    The competition begins on Saturday, February 29th at 12:00AM -6 UTC time (10pm American West Coast, 1am American East Coast, 6am for the UK, 7am for central Europe) and ends on 6:00am -6 UTC time on March 2nd (4am American West Coast, 7am American East Coast, 12pm for the UK, 1pm for central Europe).

    I hope you'll join in for our first Modjam, and more importantly, have fun with the competition! We'll be revealing the themes next week, so best of luck to the modders, and long live Morrowind!

    submitted by /u/Darkelfguy
    [link] [comments]

    Pictures you can hear.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:42 AM PST

    Oh boy, the fanfic writers are going to have a field day with this one...

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:26 PM PST

    Someone's Manor*

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:15 AM PST

    My mom has a collection of gems, they look pretty familiar to me (soul gems)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:57 AM PST

    It's the little details that count

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Hotties Of Morrowind #28

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:05 PM PST

    My Morrowind Journal, Part III

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:12 AM PST

    The previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comments/f3og2l/my_morrowind_journal_part_ii/

    Day 10

    A shame my Vivec pics aren't as good as they can be, with my fog settings at the time.

    I spent most of my night reading the books I promised to read this morning and, well, yeah.

    The Pilgrim's Path, I understand, and having performed the Pilgrimage of the Nine it's a tradition that's easy to swallow, but then I got to the House of Troubles -- Malacath, lord of the orcs, yet so reviled by the dunmer; Mehrunes Dagon, so praised; and Molag Bal called the king of rape! -- then Vivec's thirtieth sermon, the book Ahnassi gave me. Vivec's thirtieth sermon: it's something, alright.

    Vivec is not like the daedra, whose realm one needs a considerable amount of magic to visit, nor the aedra, who cannot be visited at all: he actually lives in the city named after him. I think I'd like to meet him, if only to ask where he got the sugar he was taking, when he wrote his sermons.

    Speaking of skooma, this morning I was surprised to learn that Ahnassi has a mate, J'Dhannar--- or had, the situation is complicated. She left him because she loved him so much she couldn't bear to see him so wretched. So she asked me of this favor, and because....well, I'd rather not remember, so back to business.

    Once a slave to skooma, always a slave to skooma: the fact is so well known, it's a proverb. I've tasted it myself, but because of my redguard blood I've not the taste for it. My body resists its negative properties as if it were a regular poison, while permitting me its pleasures.

    The healer I consulted recommended I lend J'Dhannar a book, "Confessions of a Skooma-Eater". She said it was available at Jobasha's Rare Books, which is downstairs from where I now rest. I believe it's meant to encourage J'Dhannar to live with a bit more dignity, to become worthy once again of poor Ahnassi's companionship.

    I don't know what good that'll do. The man sleeps in the sewers of St. Olm's, a canton of Vivec populated chiefly by natives. I suspect he lives there than here at the Foreign Quarter because it's not just skooma he's a slave to, even if he doesn't wear a bracer. What would actually do him good is to put him under constant supervision, to give him the support he needs such that his addiction becomes a mere pittance, more akin to a minor allergy than a debilitating cancer.

    Come to think of it, the Ministry of Truth is much more like the Ministry of Love, isn't it?

    But charity is not a dunmer virtue, according to the Pilgrim's Path. There's a stunning sight that hovers over the Temple canton: a former moon called Baar Dau, according to legend tricked out of its orbit by Sheogorath and stopped mid-fall by Vivec.

    Astonishment turns to horror, however, once you learn why it remains there. The benevolent hand that keeps it suspended over the city shall cease to be so benevolent, legend goes, once the people cease their worship. Then the stone shall plunge into the earth as if it had never been stopped at all, striking the city with such force the whole isle shall break like glass. It's spiritual blackmail.

    A closer, if more awkward, view of Baar Dau.

    In fact, it's even worse. The Temple uses it as a dungeon, having carved cells into the stone to contain and "reeducate" anyone who opposes orthodoxy. I don't think the Church of the Nine comes close in its own fight against dissent.

    Nevertheless, tomorrow I'm to perform for the Temple, and I hope it doesn't involve any torture. There's a killer on the loose, one that targets outlanders, but the Temple only acts now that he's killed two of their own.

    The Ordinators: they're dunmer soldiers who serve the Temple directly, and Vivec is a Temple city. They've special armor and special training, so I imagine the murdered watchmen were potential witnesses, not targets, otherwise this would be a closed case. If they send more of their kind into the sewers to search, they'll only spook the killer. What they need for a detective is a strong, resourceful, daring, yet appropriately unassuming outlander, to draw him out. Have I mentioned pride is a dunmer virtue?

    I also hope my stay here needn't last longer than a week. I've another job for the guild, or should I say the tong, since my handler here is twice as shady as Eydis.

    No good pics of Hlaalu plaza, so here's the Arena at night instead.

    The first job Lorbumol gave me wasn't so bad: a shakedown, only instead of a code book or some cash I was to get a ring. It could have been of some value to the tong, but I doubt it: the orc I took it from didn't look like a lowlife, coming from Hlaalu canton's plaza.

    My current job takes me to Ald'ruhn, the heart of Redoran territory. I'm to silence someone....that is, to convince them not to talk, in a similar fashion as to how I shook down gro-Shagramph. Again, I'm not looking into it.

    Day 11

    Okay, the night pics are pretty good, but that's more because of my mods.

    I'm surprised the Temple's heretics would be so bold as to publish their beliefs, or Jobasha to sell a copy of their book.

    The main points of dissent revolve around the Almsivi, or the three gods of the Temple. The dissident priests claim that these three gods received their power from the same source as the enemy, Dagoth Ur; that they won their power through treachery; and that they are likewise weakening in power, which is reflected in the corruption that overtakes Temple hierarchy.

    I can speak no truth about any of these points, although there does seem to be some corruption, otherwise they wouldn't be so harsh. The question is whether or not this corruption is rooted in the people who currently hold power, or if it is inherent in the Temple itself.

    My impression is that the Temple's virtues, as claimed by the dissident priests, of "charity for the poor, education for the ignorant, protection for the weak" are executed in a characteristically dunmer way, if they are even executed at all. It seems they see weakness, when possessed beyond a certain point, as transforming its victim into something that should not even be considered a victim, or perhaps that the condition need be addressed only among members of their own race.

    Either way, skooma addicts and slaves, the majority of whom are not dunmer, are also considered to be beyond the purview of the Temple. I believe this deficiency is inherent in the people, rather than the institution, and I have already noted it has less to do with race than it does with climate. I've met plenty of dunmer born and raised elsewhere that were much more amiable, that were much less bigoted, whose passion for ideas as contentious as race or religion were restrained. Something more sinister than mere blight issues out of Red Mountain.

    The murders occurred in the Foreign Quarter and Hlaalu canton, so I'll start my search there. Elam Andas, officer of the watch, welcomed my help, even if he couldn't offer me anything official. They have one witness, a mage who teleported himself to safety before the killer could get to him: the killer is a she, dressed in a skirt and netch leather armor, with her weapon of choice a knife.

    Day 12

    \"Why do this, milord? They look to you for guidance. They work to make your temple better stoned!\"

    I admit it's a little unfair to judge a religion by rumors or cursory readings without hearing what its faithful have to say. Today I talked to one of the High Fane's staff, the High Fane being the temple part of Temple canton, who described to me the relationship between their saints and the daedra.

    The saints, of course, are mortal ancestors who have attained divinity, chief among them being the Almsivi: where other saints reached it in death, the Almsivi won it in life. The daedra are also considered ancestors, though of a colder and more arbitrary disposition, perhaps because they are born into divinity.

    The dunmer concern themselves most with seven of the Daedric Princes. I already knew about the House of Troubles, but then there are the Anticipations: Azura, Boethiah, and Mephala.

    Why Mephala, god of whispers and all the the strife they cause, should be considered good is an issue of history; I imagine Meridia or Nocturnal would be a better third. Boethiah, I understand, given that power is such a necessity in surviving this harsh country. Azura, to the best of my knowledge, is actually good, or at least every momentous occasion in which she has been involved only led to the greater good.

    The exact nature of the correspondence between the Anticipations and the Almsivi is obscure. It's obvious Almalexia, whom the Temple calls "the Healing Mother", is Azura, but all I understand of Sotha Sil is that he plumbs the darkest depths of knowledge: contemplation of the arcane may be within Mephala's sphere, but if knowledge is power...

    And then there's Vivec. He is considered both the god of rogues and the patron of artists, while most of the Tribunal's great deeds have him as their principal figure. Perhaps he encompasses all three?

    \"No one knows what I am.\"

    When I saw a dunmer woman who matched the witness's description rave like a lunatic in the sewers of the Foreign Quarter, I did not hesitate to take her down. I....I'm not sure why I let my intuition take over, why I did not first confirm my suspicions by, say, approaching her, trying to talk to her. Fear overcame me, I think, especially when I remembered how she had murdered, with relative ease, those two Ordinators.

    I regret all of this, even if Elam agreed she was our most likely culprit. My reward, a belt, feels much heavier than it looks. Justice was not served, even if the woman was guilty: I killed her out of an unrealized fear for my life. Perhaps she was as much a victim as those she may have killed -- a victim, like J'Dhannar, of the Temple's neglect. Certainly, she's now a victim, with pride the offender.

    submitted by /u/RiverMund
    [link] [comments]

    Tsaesci Sunrise!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:32 AM PST

    Was This In Vanilla?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:21 PM PST

    Conjuration OP

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:59 AM PST

    be me

    imperial battle mage

    go for x5 multipliers until I have 100 str and endurance

    get conjuration and alteration up to snuff

    summon two handed daedric battle axe with 80 damage

    fortify str and one hit guards on hard

    realize after all these years that a little magic can make the game too easy

    go back to being cat thief

    submitted by /u/n0x630
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing morrowind got some questions.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    1. Do you guys suggest any mods for my first time playing? I'm used to playing old games like system shock 2 and deus ex so graphically speaking I'm mostly fine. Unless there is a graphics mod that just keeps the original vision intact and just upscales it.

    2. Build ideas. I usually play a nightblade hybrid with mostly a focus on stealth. I hear that stealth is increadibly unfun and mechanic kinda weak in morrowind. To the point that it doesn't even use light level to determine if your visible to enemies. So I'm thinking a battle mage with a focus on the mage bit with some martial prowess. Any thoughts?

    3. Any more comments or tips to better improve my first experience? I hear you can only pick one faction per a character? Which has the most enjoyable quest line of the 3? Can you be a part of all the guilds?

    submitted by /u/Rosebourne
    [link] [comments]

    OpenMW android: lights are suddenly dimming in Arkngthand. Is this a glitch?(it started suddenly)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's the only room in the game decorated entirely with imported, non-Morrowind resources

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    Can't Select Star Sign

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:43 AM PST

    I went to start up Morrowind today, started a new game. But once I got to the part where you select your birth sign, there was no select button. The only extra things I have installed are- Morrowind Code Patch- MGE XE- 4GB Patcher On MGE XE- MLOX- Wrye Mash - Polemos' Fork- TES3CMD

    I doubt the last 3 change anything in-game but I just put them there anyway.

    EDIT: Changed my resolution to 1600 x 900 and was able to select my birth sign

    submitted by /u/wittlewaffels
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment