• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    Morrowind Time to play a classic. Peep the cheat sheet

    Morrowind Time to play a classic. Peep the cheat sheet


    Time to play a classic. Peep the cheat sheet

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:48 PM PST

    When people say you can't be their reincarnated leader because you're an orc

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:15 PM PST

    Ok dunmer

    submitted by /u/kepinpin
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind Graphics Guide vs. Morrowind 2019: Thastus Edition

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:17 PM PST

    What are the main differences between these two guides and is one more complete/finalized than the other? I've done a bit of research on each and it seems to have confused the issue more than anything. I've used MGG before and was happy with the improvements (long story short; my game got wiped and I'm starting from scratch) but normally I prefer to mod in the style of Thastus's guide (meaning graphics improvements with item/gameplay additions that make sense like Necessities of Morrowind, What Thieves Guild?, or Crossbows (unless there's some lore reason that explains why crossbows can only be made of steel or dwarven metal?)).

    From some other posts on the subreddit it seems that Thastus's guide has less graphic consistency than MGG (meaning that with MGG you won't see high-res textures next to low-res textures, or if you do you won't notice as much because it's in a similiar style), is that true? I would compare myself but all of the screenshots in Thastus's guide are locked in a google drive folder I don't have permission to access.

    As I was looking through Thastus's guide I also noticed that the Solstheim Textures section was temporarily removed, upon looking into it I realized that it was removed because Solstheim - Tomb of the Snow Prince v1.3 was set to private according to the history but I had no issue accessing it so maybe it's out of date and can be re-added to the guide? If it can't be re-added does that mean that with Thastus's guide I would go from a modded game into an almost untouched Solstheim?

    How compatible are the two guides? For example if I ended up liking how MGG looks more but still wanted some of the mods Thastus suggests could I use MGG as a base and add onto it or would I start running into issues getting the mods to work together?

    submitted by /u/msd011
    [link] [comments]

    new player, have some questions and praise for the game

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:09 PM PST

    heyo! ended up going through the series backwards, with skyrim as a present from my dad, then bought myself oblivion and was super excited for morrowind.

    so far the game has been everything I wanted, emphasis on pure exploration, lots of reading, cool stat mechanics and no fake sense of urgency like the other games had (oh no better get to the abey, better get to the greybeards, this that and the other, morrowind is a lot more calm.) The music is also hitting a sweet spot, especially peaceful waters.

    I have some questions that I wanted to ask before they became a problem in my game. also just some points because i'm excited to talk about the game :^D

    - is there a way to save the controls for every session? because every time I change the controls around, save and exit, they reset, and the next time I play I end up trying to talk to someone and instead jumping around like an idiot. this wouldn't be too much of a problem but my keyboard doesn't have a f5 or f6 key so I can't quicksave/load with the original controls.

    - I took Caius Cosades's advice and ran around joining guilds and exploring. my character is a dark elf acrobat, but I'm having trouble with the bow which is a pain because its his main skill. I guess the best thing to do would be to reset my character and not chose acrobat, but this would suck- I kind of just want to finish the game. Still trying to figure out how to start the main quest though.

    - I slept in the bed at Caius's house and a dark brotherhood member attacked me. When I managed to kill the assassin, Caius decided to get angry and murder me. I reloaded and it happened again, so I reloaded and tried to sleep in an enclosed room with no other characters. assassin didn't spawn. any idea as to why this is and why Caius keeps killing me?

    - any tips and advice for a brand new player will be really appreciated as I'm kind of running around with no idea what I'm doing. Sithis be with you ^-^

    submitted by /u/BeepoBozo
    [link] [comments]

    Constant red mountain lod

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:02 PM PST

    Is there any mod compatible with rebirth that allows a constant view of red mountain without huge frame rate sacrifice loading the cells required makes the game unplayable but i really like the iconic veiw

    submitted by /u/BariSaxyNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Does morrowind on xbox one have any bug patches (or possible read sign mods)? Or is it straight vanilla with all bugs included

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:49 AM PST

    Assassins

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:29 AM PST

    First time morrowind player here. I've been attacked by assassins and understand they keep attacking me until I progress that quest further. So here's my question: is it viable to spam wait to farm the 200 gold brotherhood armor?

    submitted by /u/gremarrnazy
    [link] [comments]

    trying to find a mod

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:58 AM PST

    It's a mod that ignores rank and allows you to play quests without the hindrance of rank. I've seen this mod on Morrowind Nexus, but I cannot remember the name of the mod.

    submitted by /u/RagglenLove
    [link] [comments]

    Getting into tribunal

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 09:44 PM PST

    So I've finally managed to finish the main quest without starting a new character and I'm looking to do some of the expansions. I've done bloodmoon in the past and loved it so I thought I'd start with tribunal this time.

    But man it's claustrophobic. I don't think I've ever done more than get rid of the assassins and fight the guy in ebony in my 15ish years of this game and I now remember why.

    Help me out here. What are some nice sidesteps to the main quest here? Some things to explore, or try out? I'd love some vague directions!

    Some context mabe? My guy is a morag tong supremacist asshole who tried to better himself by joining house redoran but got kicked out for putting a slave in his place when he saw one lead a section of the mages guild. Also still a devoted high ranking member of the temple who hasn't lost his love for vivec and is deeply conflicted about his role as nerevarine. Mainly use spears, short swords, light armour, illusion and alteration. So I don't really know what to do with relics I can't use. Just gave them to mr Fyr as he seems to be a collector.

    submitted by /u/OldManTree
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment