• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Morrowind were these two added into the game just to block the door?

    Morrowind were these two added into the game just to block the door?


    were these two added into the game just to block the door?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    I can't believe I'm playing this on mobile

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Dunmer brothel by TheMinttu

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    chitin armor gf

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Caius jams

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Dagoth Uthol opening his third eye to cast a spell

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    I'm so glad I gave this game a chance

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I'm not that far in yet tbh, I'm getting bodied by assassins left and right and just left Balmora a while ago. I'm doing side stuff for randoms on the road while trying to figure out where Ebonheart is so I could escape this hellcycle of ''get attacked by assassins - sleep to heal - assassin - sleep to heal - ah fk assassin -....'' :D. But I'm having so much fun at the moment and I can't wait to continue.

    My first elder scrolls game was Skyrim, and I went through that game brainlessly on my first run, not really understanding what was going on - I like roleplaying mentally though, so I looked up lore and learned that wow there were previous games in this series, I should totally try those at some point after I have a grasp on Skyrim! The person I was dating back then gifted me Morrowind and Oblivion on Steam, and I tried them both - only to feel weirded out and dissapointed. What was this? Where were my beautiful graphics and voice acting? I had to read? The NPCs don't really feel unique, they're just saying the same stuff from the dialogue options... Wow, I do not get why people say this game is so good?

    I pretty much played up to meeting Caius and then uninstalled for the time being. Oblivion was a similar dissapointment at the time, but this isn't the sub-reddit for that story :D.

    So it's a few years later in 2020, and I felt a surge in interest to dive into Elder Scrolls again, so I booted up Skyrim with different mods and even got into ESO. And when I was going through ESO and having a lot of fun exploring 'new' lore to me, I thought back to Morrowind. People reeeaally like that game. And so I googled Morrowind stuff, and I noticed the mobile option and decided to try that.

    First off I wanna say, the game felt a lot more palatable on mobile for someone who isn't used to it. Probably the best mobile game experience I've ever had, y'know, since it's not a mobile game. Also I can play it in bed :D.

    So so far in my current save I'm a khajiit archer (lol forgive me if that's something rly unattractive, I came from Skyrim), helped Fargoth, took a strider to Balmora, met up with Caius, joined the Fighter's Guild, cleared some rats, took the next mission to beat up some egg poachers, and this is where trouble started.

    I cleared the initial cave easily, avoiding picking up any of the kwama eggs on the ground, because I'n Skyrim I had a tendency to make the game too easy for myself just picking up everything I saw and in that game I had learned to make the game harder on purpose to feel an economical challenge.

    The actual poachers just wouldn't die tho. I kept running into them, then escaping on low health and running aaaaall the way back to Balmora to heal, come back to the cave, rinse and repeat. Of course, I ran out of arrows because I was like level 1 starting this, and I spent all my money to get more arrows. At some point I noticed that I could just rest in the cave instead of running back to the guild, which helped a lot. But ofc, I run out of arrows again, so I take out a dagger I had with me, and started trying with that. Doesn't help the situation, feel like I'm doing no damage and keep getting bodied.

    Then something incredible happened - I hit level 2 or 3, I rested, and then thought - hmm, maybe I should look at my stats and plan out this endeavor?

    Well what do you know, Long Blade is one of my major skills, so it would probably obviously work better than the dagger I'd been smashing them with. I had no money at this point tho - but I pleasantly realized that I could collect some eggs! I used them to fund my 'tactical' purchase of an Iron Longsword, went back and cleared the poachers one at a time. Wow. Who knew actually caring about the choices I'd made on my character so far could matter?

    That was sorta the point the game grabbed my interest. After that, I started making my way out of Balmora to find Ebonheart, Moonmoth, etc. and I noticed something else. I really enjoyed not having a quest marker. It was a lot of fun to find my own way, look at my journal, ask the NPCs... I tried booting up Skyrim today, and noticed just how annoyed I was about the quest marker. I understand now. It's not engaging me to think and enjoy the game like it's my journey, it feels like I'm following something saying 'GO HERE GO HERE GO HERE' :(. I'm not sure if I can fully enjoy Skyrim anymore after this, just because of the ''quest marker vs actually thinking abt what I'm doing'' difference.

    Sorry if this is a stupid long post made by a stupid person, but I had no one else to talk to about this. My friends don't get it and just say that they'll never try Morrowind bc 'ugly graphics aren't for them', just like I used to say. I can't wait to continue playing tomorrow. Might post again later if something noteworthy and shareable comes to mind :).

    Thanks Morrowind sub-reddit for loving the game, so I could find out about the mobile version and feel like I should give the game another chance, since so many love it. Can't wait till I get further in the game and understand all the memes :).

    submitted by /u/HamburgerHero
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend me a minimal resolution for openmw on my phone ? The game is too laggy!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Whatchu looking at?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    View from Fort Ancylis to Fort Firemoth (OpenMW + Tamriel Rebuilt)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Found Missing Travel Merchants in West Gash

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Are there games that are similar to Morrowind?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    I completed Morrowind and now i'm looking for open world rpgs with the same BEAUTIFUL 2003 graphics. I just fell in love with the simple style, every game that tried to look pretty until 2018 looks like shit imo

    submitted by /u/gxtitan
    [link] [comments]

    Help with new player

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    I have no experience modding but want to get some sort of mod to make the graphics better, if anyone has any suggestions of just a simple easy one to install that would be great help. I'm really looking forward to playing Morrowind for the first time but I don't want it looking like... how it is. I've heard about step and msgo or whatever but am not sure which one is good or if there's another, easier option. Thanks in advance! :)

    submitted by /u/jamezgane
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell? Lol

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    What misconceptions did you have about Morrowind before you played it?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I remember that back in the day, when I had only played Oblivion, I confused the Ministry of Truth and Vivec's Palace in my head so I thought Vivec lived in a giant flying castle. It made sense to me because I knew levitation spells were in Morrowind, so I figured a flying palace could work.

    submitted by /u/Dreadnautilus
    [link] [comments]

    You're tasked with rebalancing Morrowind with a complete overhaul, what would you change?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    I've been thinking of how I would go about rebalancing Morrowind. It feels like a mix of getting too much too fast, and other things (namely skills) being absolute grindfests. Even setting aside lvl1 assassins funneling you end game gear (I got daedric wakizahi on my first run and didn't realize it ruined the run), the game seems to give you too much money in general.

    Biggest offender would have to be Creeper, who should be thrown out of the game first. Why even have mercantile skill in the game? At least the crab dude takes less items and is in an inconvenient spot. OpenMW has a setting to rebalance soul gem prices which mitigates that portion.

    And on the topic of skills, there's a few too many of them that don't really add any depth in to the game. We all know the acrobatics meme. Maybe there are more engaging ways to level up skills and we could completely delete paid training from the game. Or at least restrict it heavily.

    I mean, it's an old game and it's a bit silly to look at it with modern standards, but I'm curious if there could be big changes made without breaking too much of the original charm. I'm really just not happy about stealing everything possible being the fundamentally most effective way to progress in the game lol.

    submitted by /u/Ninmi_
    [link] [comments]

    I need suggestions for a build that uses light armor.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Light armor is very interesting, but I can't think of a good build that uses it. I know this is a stupid question, but I'm very used to the long blade+heavy armor+block formula and I can't think of a better combination to balance strength, agility and endurance. Sorry for poor grammar.

    submitted by /u/wholsumkeanuchungus
    [link] [comments]

    tryna install morroblivion

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    im tryna install morroblivion but i cant figure out how to unpack the exe file and get it running can anyone help me

    submitted by /u/crasypotato69
    [link] [comments]

    (modded morrowind) MGE XE Advice needed for distant lightsources. tips & tricks appreciated.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    So im trying to find a mod that makes lightsources (torches, lanterns, fires, etc.) render in the far distance. I found this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42165?tab=description but i am reluctant to try it as 1 it has special download instructions requiring me to hard download to my game (i prefer safe installs/uninstalls with MO2) and 2 it appears from the screenshots as if it definitely renders torches and lanterns and stuff but not the light they omit, you cannot see whats "around" the lightsources which would be a dealbreaker for me. if anyone could confirm this, or point me to another similar mod, that would be awesome! Any help appreciated

    submitted by /u/Nick835263
    [link] [comments]

    WANNA HAVE SOME FUN? Travel to Solstheim, gather an ANGRY MOB of creatures from the ENTIRE ISLAND as you RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, then SURPRISE Fort Frostmoth. -> CHAOS.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    How to start modding

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Hey guys I just started morrowind and i am new to modding and Im trying to figure out how to move certain mod files into the data files and activate them via the launcher

    submitted by /u/Boylanithedoomguy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment