• Breaking News

    Friday, November 6, 2020

    Morrowind Ah yes, I've been expecting you...

    Morrowind Ah yes, I've been expecting you...


    Ah yes, I've been expecting you...

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:26 PM PST

    Molag Amur... the OG wasteland

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:29 AM PST

    Good to see Google's automatic Morrowind meme creator is working:

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 11:24 PM PST

    Flying Orc

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Back in the day circa Morrowind's release my buddy and I got together on a Friday planning on playing games all weekend. It was getting late that night, like, really late for us, and we decided it would be the perfect time to create a new Morrowind character.

    We settled on an Orc and decided to create a custom class. Our custom class was "Flying Orc" and for the class description we just wrote "Orcs can't fly"

    We laughed like idiots at that and only ever played the character for a very short time before passing out. Years later my buddy finds himself working at a stationary store run by a family member and out of the blue I get something in the mail from him. It's a stamp. Written on the stamp's label was "Flying Orc" and sure enough, once I stamped it on something it said "Orc's Can't Fly"

    Just thought I'd share this goofy story with you guys. I've kept the stamp ever since. If I find it when I get home I'll take some pictures for you guys.

    Edit: Found a photo on my phone of the stamp.

    submitted by /u/PETC
    [link] [comments]

    Found a bosmer in Slagelse, on a Building in Denmark.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 04:52 PM PST

    Great House Redoran pendant I made today.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 04:08 PM PST

    last image dagoth ur sees before he gets his shit pushed in

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:11 PM PST

    Morrowind Helper app - Update with new features!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    The unofficial companion app that will help you explore The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind world!

    In this app you can see the new features:

    - You can create multiple characters and track their game progress.

    - Find the required Skill Book or Trainer on the map! Total books: 138, trainers: 27 (only level 100 skills).

    - In the Character Planner you can select predefined character classes.

    Also don't forget about other features :)

    - Use the Quest function, see all the necessary NPCs or locations for your quest on the map! Total quests: 396 in Vvardenfell, 38 in Mornhold, 48 in Solstheim.

    - Travel easily with Interactive Maps! Total locations: 430 in Vvardenfell, 25 in Mornhold, 63 in Solstheim.

    - Make your character build with Character Planner!

    - Alchemy Calculator will help you calculate Success Chance, Potion Cost and show all the effects of the potion.

    - Enchant Calculator will help you calculate the Enchantment Points of a specific spell, Success Chance and Cast Cost.

    Download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moonsugar.morrhelper

    submitted by /u/MoonSugar177
    [link] [comments]

    Update on the Pillow Fort: Found a mod that made it so theres new pillows in the game that are solid. Debating on posting the pictures after I'm done

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Anyone else play a Nord battlemage?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 08:05 PM PST

    With Axe in major skill it starts absurdly high, and conjugation thrown in the mix you can get a bound battle axe pretty early on, and it's damage is insane. You also get mysticism and alteration for utility. You also get better starting health than the magic oriented races. I'd never messed around with mixed combat magic builds before but it's great.

    submitted by /u/SharkerAC
    [link] [comments]

    On the Pillow Fort, it has finished construction after 7 grueling hours!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 01:56 AM PST

    Enchanting as a non mage

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:55 PM PST

    This is my first time playing Morrowind as a non mage so i don't get how enchanting is suppose to be done. Paying for enchanting is obscenely expensive even with the speech and merchant skills. So i'm wondering if i'm gonna have to do a good old fortify ability exploit or is there a way to make enough money to afford enchants because i'd prefer not to exploit if i have other options.

    submitted by /u/scusz
    [link] [comments]

    there's no escape from him!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:57 AM PST

    “The letter that preceded you mentioned you were partial to a certain sign...and what would that be?”

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    What's your go-to choice of birthsign in Morrowind? Do you favor an Atronach build? Do you max your magicka with Mage or Apprentice? Do you go for Shadow to always have invisibility in your back pocket? Do you, like me, completely forget about sign powers when you have them, and thus opt for a passive attribute boost like the Lady or Steed? Are you a masochist who enjoys the Lord's juicy fire weakness?

    Discuss! Debate! Convince me why I should choose your favorite on my next file!

    submitted by /u/ramen_soup_23
    [link] [comments]

    Mods for missing enemy variations?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:27 PM PST

    Are there any mods that add the missing enemy types mentioned by npcs?

    Three creatures are commonly encountered in Vvardenfell's coastal and water environments. The mudcrab, and its larger cousins the king mudcrab and mudcrab titan, are large but unaggressive. Slaughterfish are small but very aggressive, and the larger varieties, the blind slaughterfish and the electric slaughterfish, are quite dangerous. But the most dangerous water creature is the large and powerful dreugh and the dreugh man o'war.


    Two smaller but dangerous predators of Vvardenfell are the nix-hound and the rat. Cave rats are found everywhere, often in close proximities to their slightly larger relative, the cave rat and the rust rat The nix-hound is a rangy quadruped with long, purple feeding spikes. Its cousin, the rogue nix-hound, is larger and much more dangerous.


    Undead creatures encountered on Vvardenfell include ghosts like the ancestor ghost, guardian ancestor, wraith, dwarven ghost, dwarven guardian, and dwarven wraith. A fleshy revenant is called a bonewalker, and includes the bonewalker and the greater bonewalker. Fleshless revenants include skeletons, skeleton archers, skeleton warriors, skeleton champions, and bonelords. Vampires, profane undead creatures, have been hunted almost to extinction.


    The frost centurion is an enchanted animated artifact of Dwemer creation. Constructed in the form of an armored warrior, they are aggressive and dangerous. Scrap metal collected from Dwemer artifacts is rare and precious, and prized both by collectors of antiquities and students of metals and enchantments.

    submitted by /u/GigaTomato
    [link] [comments]

    Ashanammu Cave, early fighters guild mission

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    Hey guys. reinstalled morrowind recently and decided to do a couple fighter guild quests. Got to the Telvanni Agents quest where I have to kill 4 dudes outside of Caldera Mines. The archer was outside as he should be, but the cave itself was empty. no enemies, no agents, not even a slaughterfish. I installed a couple of mods, but nothing crazy, mostly bug fixes and textures. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AlexZotov
    [link] [comments]

    The Morrowind Diaries Chapter 3: A Warrior’s Awakening

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:01 AM PST

    (I recently decided to play Morrowind for the first time, and it's obviously not the most beginner-friendly game so I decided to check the subreddit. When asking for help on this, I learned that many people on this subreddit are older fans who have played many times. I was told some of you might like to see a first timers experience with the game, so I decided to keep a journal. Please no spoilers of any kind in the comments, aside from tips!)

    Upon leaving town, I decided to walk to Balmora. As a former poacher I'm pretty comfortable with the land, and I feel as if I can live off Morrowind's wildlife if I have to. I made my way to a shipwreck I had seen when I was last outside town. I discovered it was full of loot, including 3 diamonds I could sell for a lot of money. I also found a silver longsword, which looks like it could come in handy in the future. I then killed my first cliff racer, which I hear is a serious accomplishment that signifies learning to live here.

    This led to me thinking I was stronger than I was for just a few moments. In my foolish overconfidence I entered a cave called "yasamsi" or something and nearly got myself killed by a wizard summoning some sort of demon. I activated my adrenaline rush and still barely escaped with my life for that single mistake, clearly I need to learn how important it is to stay vigilant on this island. I then decided this is a battle for a later date, when I am stronger and have better armor.

    With wounded body and pride, I had to rest after getting far enough away. I made my way to a small town called Hla Oad. Upon asking around I discovered how truly crime-ridden this province seems to be, with several mafia families and a thieves guild ruling most of it. While some of the clan houses seem reputable, some others seem truly foul and remind me again of that mine manager. One of the clans seems to be at war with the local thieves guild. It seems greed and ego of men like these will always hurt the innocent, regardless of where we live. This is disheartening to discover.

    I decided that training with new weapons would help me gain better control over different muscle groups as fast as possible. I purchased a cheap spear and club, and headed into the mountains to practice with them. On the way there, I also practiced boxing. I did this in my armor to get used to its weight. The results were incredible, and after a few days I felt truly comfortable with chain mail and these new weapons. I repaired them and sold them back to the merchant back in Hla Oad, then headed to Balmora.

    On my way I was forced to kill a bandit who tried to rob me. He seemed nice at first, but upon realizing I was new to the island he tried to take advantage of me. Perhaps everyone here is just as awful as back home, if this is how things are. I killed some mudcrabs and ate them before resting some more

    I've never been overly excited to commit any crimes, but it seems that poaching wouldn't be a viable trade here anyways. Then again, I don't believe hunting is even considered a crime this far from cyrodil, especially with creatures as aggressive and dangerous as nix-hounds and cliff racers.

    For this reason I need to find a new line of work. I decided to stop by a small egg mine and learn more about kwama. Apparently they are not always hostile. Upon touring the mine I learned that they overproduce eggs, so taking some of them for human(oid) consumption actually helps keep things balanced in the food chain. Truly remarkable how that works.

    Upon going deeper into the mine, I found 2 men skulking about. When asking what they were doing, they attacked me viciously. I was forced to slay them both, and was worried the whole mine might turn on me, but I was given a pass because they attacked first. I hate the number of people I've had to kill so far, aside from the slavers here. I had never needed to kill anyone (before I was kidnapped) back in hammerfell. Truly this island is a violent place.

    Upon entering a local crypt, I was attacked by ghosts. Yes, ghosts. I used the silver sword I found to put their souls to rest. This was a battle I was much happier to fight, as I knew these men would finally have peace. I thought about it, and after looting the crypt of some very old tools they would no longer need I came to an important decision.

    I've never been very religious at all. That is, not to say I don't believe the gods are real, but I just felt as if they don't really pay me any mind. I usually do the same, however; I do have one strict belief. I believe in burial rites for men who have never wronged anyone. I didn't know the story here, so I assumed innocence of these spirits, prayed at an altar. As I'm not overly knowledgeable, I didn't know which altar it was but I said my prayer to Altay.

    Upon doing this I learned that I had been sick with a disease. Perhaps this is why my temperament was so poor. Altay, or whichever god I was speaking to, decided to heal me. I then made my way down the final stretch and into Balmora. As I dropped off all the gear I had carried into a local shop, I built a rapport with the man selling to me. This afforded me better prices, so I tried the same on the local armourer and learned all I could about him.

    Upon selling everything I owned, including my chain armor and the silver blade, I was (barely) able to afford a full set of bonemold gear and a tower shield. I also noticed a unique helmet and shield set he sold. I believe this to be a weight similar to bonemold, and I could probably manage to use it if I could save up the nearly 5000 gold he wanted for them.

    Finally, I asked around and found something interesting. Obviously I've realized that Morrowind has a lot of corruption in my last few entries. I thought I was alone in my distaste for it, but apparently not Apparently an imperial officer nearby is looking for my help, as he has been trying to find me. I may speak to him soon.

    Finally, after learning a bit about town, I found the south wall. Letter clutched in my hand, I made my way into the local watering hole, intent on finding some answers about this mysterious Caius.

    (Character Break)

    This game is fucking awesome. Theres no better way to put it other than that. Morrowind has been a blast. I know its been over a week since I posted, but between university stuff, work, and making a Halloween costume from scratch, I've had a pretty busy week. But to tell the truth, a massive reason as to why I haven't posted is because I've been playing the game so much. I'm currently working on the notes for chapter 6 right now, and I'm already level 11. This game is amazing and I can't wait to tell you guys more about my adventures.

    Also, while they were absent from today's episode, I've decided that I'll just leave any brotherhood assassins I kill (after chapter 4) with their armor on and just sell their weapons. I highly doubt everyday people would want to risk buying and selling the outfits of a known murderer-cult anyways, and this keeps the game a bit more balanced while still rewarding me for a tougher battle with a strong opponent. I promise, I'll do the quest soon, I just wanna do other stuff first.

    I'm super excited to keep telling you guys all about Kailob, so get ready for a bit of a character exposition dump in the next chapter. I think you're really going to like all the content.

    Let me know if you liked todays chapter, and anything I can improve upon with my storytelling below. Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/epicarcher999
    [link] [comments]

    A little new to modding morrowind - TES3MP question

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 03:37 PM PST

    I know that skyrim together had several issues when playing multiplayer and I was interested in trying morrowind's multiplayer mod. Is it possible do quests together in morrowind multiplayer; and what
    kinda issues should I be aware of playing morrowind multiplayer.

    submitted by /u/Stellarisk
    [link] [comments]

    Orcish armor enchantment

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:12 PM PST

    I'm currently playing a battle mage. I just got past lvl 20 and I've decided to go full orcish armor because it's fucking good looking. I rely on defensive spells and physical attacks.

    I've been playing Morrowind for a while now (started on OG xbox) but I have never really used enchantment.

    I am now wondering what would be the best constant effect spells to put on an orcish armor set. Should I just concentrate on my defensive spells instead of investing on enchantment? (Money is not a problem, I do alchemy) I know this set is far from being the best to enchant.

    submitted by /u/JuanCSanchez
    [link] [comments]

    Essential mods?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:32 PM PST

    I'm thinking about buying Morrowind and I just wanted to know if there are any mods that are considered essential for playing, like optimisation. I'm okay with installing a few mods but I don't want to buy something that requires 20 mods to run properly (looking at you, New Vegas.)

    submitted by /u/ImminentDoom411
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment