• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Morrowind Vivec [OC]

    Morrowind Vivec [OC]


    Vivec [OC]

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    Accidental roleplay

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Something I really like in games is when roleplay stems from emergent gameplay decisions. I just finished my first playthrough of Morrowind as a warrior. Because of effect stacking, I would always stock up my Nerevarine on Sujamma for the strength buff. I did use magic, but never for combat so the intelligence debuff was perfectly fine to me. At first, I'd only need to carry a few with me. Most enemies would die in less than 10 hits so it wasn't needed most of the time. However, as I progressed through the game and enemies got stronger, I would have to carry more and use more alcohol to scale my damage to their increased health. By the time I got to Bloodmoon, I was stocked up on 150 bottles of Flin.

    Essentially, I turned my Nerevarine into a raging alcoholic who continually dug deeper into addiction and had withdrawal symptoms by doing poorly in combat without the strength buff. Of course, I could have made fortify strength potions, but what's the fun in that?

    EDIT: I have to add. It totally makes sense from a character development perspective too. You start as a nobody prisoner just getting off the boat in Seyda Neen. Everything seems fine, but you have to work the Emperor now. Guess that's the price for freedom. It's hard work, so you kick back and enjoy a bottle of Sujamma, some Flin if you're feeling fancy. Then, you learn that you are the hero of a ages-long prophecy and the fate of the world rests on your shoulders. That's a lot to process, so you resort to drinking as a coping mechanism. And all of the sudden it's your job to fight living gods like Almalexia and Dagoth Ur as well as demons like Hircine. By that point, no amount of therapy could overcome the PTSD you've received from all your adventures. All you can do, is make yourself forget, even if it is only a temporary reprieve.

    submitted by /u/WhodatBollocks
    [link] [comments]

    Warlord Jeebilus experiences the joys of mammalhood

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Fun little project I’ve been working on. 3d printed dark elf in bonemold armor. Still got 5 more mounted on guar to do. I’m pretty happy with the results so far. I’ll probably have to print a couple hundreds Cliff Racer to fit the theme.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    My man be looking fly with his new armor.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Day 7 of posting my Guar Tamer playthrough: Athrelogog at the Dren Plantation for no reason in particular.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Couldn't get 'To My Dear Friends' out of my head, inspired me to make this. Is that a future scroll of windwalker or a letter to Caius? [OC]

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    A Netch for TESOctober. Hope you guys like it!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Joining the dark side...

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Help! I saved at just the wrong time and I can't stop dying!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Ok, so I'm exploring a little further inland than Azura's coast, and I came up this hill where 2 enemies were there, one with a bow and one with some sort of melee weapon. Then, when I start to run from them, 2 or 3 cliff racers start to attack me. I just started playing this month and I'm only level 2 (as of tonight), and this is the only save I have. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/ykwingedwarriorcr
    [link] [comments]

    I made a guide on how to make a restore magicka spell in Morrowind because I couldn’t find any. Hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Crashing issues

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    So I have just plain vanilla steam morrowind and the game.itself.is fine but anytime I tab out while the game.is running it crashes is there a way around this other than just not tabbing out?

    submitted by /u/Pesteredchum
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ethical to update someone else's mod?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    I updated some mods for my new playthrough to work with the latest versions of Morrowind Rebirth. Is it ethical to share the updates knowing that it's only some parts and not the entirety of the mods? I messaged the authors for permission but they're all offline for months or years.

    I posted this question on tes3mods too because I don't know which sub is more appropriate for this question, so I apologise in advance.

    submitted by /u/cocooned_owl
    [link] [comments]

    Dion Fortune - The Leading Woman of Mysticism - Global Bizarre

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    Shields and Hand to Hand Combat

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Might be a stupid question. Do shields work with hand to hand combat or just single handed weapons? I don't see a shield come up when i raise my hands even though it is equipped. Im also not super familiar with morrowind mechanics.

    submitted by /u/Zachasmaximus
    [link] [comments]

    How do I enchant more than one arrow at the time?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    A bit of an odd question: What's the best way to run OpenMW in my living room?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    While I typically play games on my PC in my office, I've really enjoyed cozying up on my couch playing console games lately. I've really been in the mood for some Morrowind, but I find myself wishing I could play it in my living room. I could always play the xbox version, but I'd really like to run a few simple mods and Tamriel Rebuilt. Aside from just hauling my PC into my living room what would be the best way to achieve this dream? Would a raspberry pi be able to run the android version of OpenMW well? Any other suggestions?

    Edit: I think I'll give steamlink a go, actually.

    submitted by /u/CormacMettbjoll
    [link] [comments]

    First time player looking for help.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    I just bought Morrowind and I was doing some research on what I thought would be interesting for my class. Does anyone have any tips for a build that uses conjuration and a melee weapon? Like what race, birth sign, and major/minor skills should I pick?

    submitted by /u/BrokeBoyRoy
    [link] [comments]

    Would you recommend OpenMW over the original engine for a Morrowind newbie?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    At this point, OpenMW is more than playable, allows to do every quest from the game, better optimized and running more smoothly on modern computers (especially with graphical mods), has native 16:9 support, and some of the Morrowind Code Patch options are integrated to it.

    The only downside with OpenMW is that it doesn't support Morrowind Script Extender at all, thus all mods that require MWSE won't work on OpenMW. (and perhaps a few things that are still exclusive to MGE XE like actual distant view with low res buildings and stuff instead of just the terrain).

    But for your first game, when you are still discovering the game, you won't be installing many mods, aside from the Patch for Purists, Delayed Assassins and Solstheim Rumor Fix (is this one integrated to the PfP now?), three mods that don't require the MWSE. You generally install mods during your second or third game when you know the game, and what kind of mods you want.

    So, if someone asked you advices on getting started on Morrowind, would you recommend OpenMW over the original engine?

    Also, what mods aside from the three ones I quoted would you recommend for the first game, but that wouldn't give an experience too different from the vanilla game? I'd recommend Graphical Herbalism which is a QoL mod that doesn't affect the original game much and has both a MWSE and OpenMW version, and if s/he really can't stand the original graphics, Morrowind Watercolored may help.

    EDIT : Another plus for OpenMW is that you install mods in another folder than the vanilla game's data, so you won't fuck up your install since you won't have to overwrite anything in the original game files.

    submitted by /u/Stained_Class
    [link] [comments]

    My next morrowind playthrough I wanna do it without exploits so I have to ask, do the following 3 mods exist and are there available for openMW

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    A mod that reduces the gold the mudcrab and creeper have or that removes them completely

    A mod that removes the master tier alchemy set you can very easily steal from Calder a mages guild

    And a mod that makes it so soulgems aren't worth a fortune so you cant get rich super fast

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    Quick sketch of a silt strider caravaneer

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    First time modding, a bit of installation help?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    So, I'm modding Morrowind (or any game) for the first time, following this guide and he mentions that you shouldn't download Morrowind to the Program Files directory. Mine apparently downloaded to Program Files (x86) which is where my Steam folder is, is that okay? I've already generated some initial files by playing through the first 15 minutes or so.

    If not, can I just move the whole Morrowind file somewhere else? Will that break anything, or do I have to redownload it from Steam? Where would I move it to, just anywhere in the C Drive?

    If it helps, I'm just trying to install the Morrowind Code Patch and Morrowind Graphics Extender, for now.

    submitted by /u/ZorroDeLoco
    [link] [comments]

    I've asked alot of stuff about this game, and there's 4 more things I wanna know about just to be sure

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    1, if you enter, explore and kill everyone in a dungeon that wouls have you come to it for a quest, when you do return the next time with the quest active, will new enemies/loot respawn?

    2, if I loot a quest item (before accepting said quest) and sell it, then what?, does this game indicate if an item or weapon/armor is related to a quest?

    3, if you accept a quest 10 levels later from where the quest was supposed to start, will there be harder enemies? Or the enemies of quests are scripted? (like, even their levels)

    4, can I summon and kill my own stuff near other people and they won't agro or get scared or call the guards or something?

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment