• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 2, 2020

    Morrowind Skeletal Warriors be like:

    Morrowind Skeletal Warriors be like:


    Skeletal Warriors be like:

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Any other (first time) players keeping a real life journal as they play? :D

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    So, I got a Bonelord tattoo.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    PSA

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Warlord Jeebilus embraces his destiny

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    Me, my iron longsword and my bonemold shield ready to take on the world

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Daring to be slightly critical of Morrowind in a certain way

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Please allow me to try and articulate what I mean because I am finding it difficult to explain it while still being clear that I do actually really love this game a lot.

    My character is now Level 40, a lot of hours played. I am Arch Mage of the Mages Guild and Grandmaster of House Hlaalu, main quest not started. Considering how other factions would fit into my characters skill and RP. Game is uber modded but almost entirely graphics mods, gameplay is fairly vanilla.

    I am having a lot, A LOT of fun with my character, the magic system, alchemy, and sometimes exploring. The glacial movement pace kills it a bit sometimes, but I have boots of blinding speed right now, and figured out how to counter the negative effect, which was very satisfying.

    The questlines themselves though, aren't really doing much for me and I almost can't explain why I am enjoying the game so much. I'll use the Mages Guild as an example:

    I joined in Balmora, go told to report to Ajira, helped her with some busywork, was told to report to Ranis. I did some busy work for her, ran out of jobs, got asked to report to someone in Ald Ruhn, did some busy work for her. After approx every 3 busyworks have been done I could ask for advancement, one time I had to pay to advance and one time I had to procure a staff. Those were basically the only changes as I progressed. Once I was as high as I could go I had to speak to the current Arch Mage for advancement. I thought this was gonna be super interesting, Trebonius was frequently referred to as a joke or an idiot among the guild, or even undeserving of the position, I was thinking I was going to be conspiring with other members to remove him from the position, or perhaps he would turn out to be a traitor, but no, he says I can have his job if I kill him, so despite the fact we are two mages we meet in a gladiator arena and fight for 20 seconds til he is dead. I am now Arch Mage, and there seems to nothing left to do except any busy work I may have missed somewhere such at Sadrith Mora. I went back to Ajira when I hit Warlock rank, and she sent me to get the staff of Magnus(!) I thought this would be a pretty epic trip, whoever has the staff now must be almighty and also be pretty interesting. No, it's a cave with 3 rooms and the woman with the staff is just some mage. She turns hostile instantly, I kill her instantly and there was nothing to explain her presence, who she was, or how she got such a legendary item. One of the big positives I read about the Morrowind factions was that you actually had to have high skills in the skills a faction respects, and have the right attributes too. This is true, but the requirements are very low and easy to attain, and you gain so much faction rep from these quick jobs that I still flew through the ranks at the same pace I would in Skyrim. I know Skyrim has a million flaws, and on this reddit they have been mentioned plenty so I won't go into it, but each faction had a defined storyline that was an entire story of it's own. (mages are a bad example, because the college of Winterhold in Skyrim is really crappy imo) A mix of the Skyrim way and the Morrowind way would be great, if there was some sort of ongoing narrative like the college of Winterhold, but hard requirements regarding your skills and how many quests you have completed before you can go forward. You should be at LEAST a middle level mage before you are trusted to go to Saarthal, for example. Also, pretty much no one in the Mages Guild acknowledges my new rank, whereas everyone in House Hlaalu is fucking in love with me now I am in charge.

    Hlaalu was a little more interesting, the fact I was doing busywork for some asshole in Caldera but could report his shadiness to Uncle Crassius was kind of cool, but the work Crassius and others gave was still just standard go here, kill guy, return until I had advanced enough to get my stronghold. The finale dealing with the Duke's brother was interesting, but unfortunately I aggro'd him while talking and we just fought. It was an epic battle though.

    Am I missing something? again I am LOVING Morrowind, but not for the questlines. I would argue what I have experienced so far was not really a quest "line" at all, as there is little to no central plot running through them. I understand they are not the main quest, vthey are faction quests, but surely there is more... juicy content in the game other than the main quest? I haven't really done any quests that are part of a larger thread leading up to something. Everything has been go kill x, return for reward, or go and fetch y, return for reward, often in dungeons or dwemer ruins that are two rooms. I am strapping myself in for Blackreach level trekking, but when I go into Bthkzagthszz searching for a dwemer pipe, it is on a shelf in the room next to the front door.

    Perhaps I have just missed some of the best quests by going with Hlaalu and Mages Guild. I REALLY enjoyed the Firemoth dlc, because at least the dungeon was of epic length, with a ton of enemies. I have been tending not to enter ruins unless I have been sent there, as I often find a ring or some other item that seems like it might be required for a quest later so I am worried about losing em.

    Other quests I enjoyed: Started making friends (VERY good friends) with Ahnassi, and despite her dialogue being entirely memeworthy I am quite invested

    Firemoth as mentioned

    the "bad people" in the Balmora council club, because the questgiver's dialogue was a fun read and I actually ended up living in the council club once I cleared it out, until I got my stronghold. That was some fun rp.

    Umbra wasn't a quest but twas an epic duel

    Solving the death's of the Ordinators was cool even if finding the one responsible wasn't hard. Good dialogue and reward.

    Again if I'm missing something really obvious, please tell me. I might just start looking up guides to areas in order to find quests as I have been trying to play it blind but talking to everyone is not very rewarding as they mostly all just say the same things and asking for rumours doesn't always get you anything new to do.

    I hope I don't get murdered for this it's a really great game I just haven't done many quests that felt like they mattered that is the point I am trying to get at lol please don't hurt me

    submitted by /u/pheromonekvlt
    [link] [comments]

    I've released my first Morrowind mod today. Memories of Dragonstar: The Stolen Sword. I'd like it if some of you would check it out.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Does anyone know what weapon the nerevarine has in this image?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Permadeath

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Last week I started playing Morrowind using Danae's permanent death rules. Was the best challenge ever and it's not going to stop yet

    submitted by /u/corntofly
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind + Tamriel Rebuilt in VR (vorpx with MG EXE on a Valve Index): IT WORKS!

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Good day all,

    Bought and played Morrowind back in 2002 and love it till this day. Earlier this year, I bought it again and reinstalled it to enjoy Tamriel Rebuilt and was blown away by it.

    Recently I bought a new gaming laptop and a Valve Index to enjoy VR and explore new worlds, taking advantage of it to the fullest, and most certainly Morrowind with its expanding world was a must. I can confirm that I successfully got it to run in a more or less comfortable way, which isn't obvious for a game made 20 years ago before modern VR was even a concept.

    There wasn't enough for me to confirm this would work because rather few people seems to do it and they don't write much about it. And when they did, they wouldn't mention distant lands or mods such as TR. So here is my contribution to it.

    I just came closest to Morrowind than I ever have before:

    -Walked around Seyda Neen, swimming through the water before some slaughterfish chased me out. I used my initial gold to take a boat ride as the red sun was setting(scenic route thanks to abot's boat mod) to Ebonheart, before boarding another to Old Ebonheart on the Mainland in a long night voyage... Upon arriving, explored this beautifully designed city before heading out south, through along the inlet bay towards Almas Thirr as day began to break again. It of course looks visually stunning and even more so in VR with you actually there....

    How to do it:

    -Buy and install Vorpx

    -Install Morrowind GOTY and install the mods you want. I would suggest Better Dialogue Font.

    -Download and install MG EXE; install distant lands; set the Menu UI scaling to 0.75

    -Download the vorpx default profile for Morrowind GOTY with MG EXE (it will automatically apply these settings when it hooks into Morrowind). Make sure the settings in vorpx are set to the correct headset you are using.

    -Run Vorpx driver so that it runs in the background.

    -Open Morrowind and message will come up as its loading that vorpx is hooking into it (when it hooks in, it runs the program through SteamVR or which the program for whichever headset you are using)

    Note: Morrowind only ran through my headset after changing to settings in the Nvidia control panel to run it through the GPU, not the CPU.

    How does it run?

    Rather fluently once you get used to the controls. You may need to zoom out a bit in the settings.

    Remove the crosshair in settings for better immersion. Essentially what you are directly facing it is what you can select and this works fine as far as I could notice. Only issue is that you have to get up close to certain things to read the tag sometimes, but hardly a deal breaker.

    The controls: You can easily just use the keyboard and mouse if you want while using the headtracking from the headset, but it is just as easy to remap the controls to your liking.

    By default, vorpx is able to map the controls to VR controllers, in my case to the knuckles with some very adequate bindings. The menu (press the delete key during play) allows you to remap them to your liking. The right thumbstick can be used as a cursor in the menus. Gripping the right thumbstick allows you to zoom out in the menus when its too zoomed in. But once you move the different inventory and dialogue windows closer, and have applied the UI scaling mentioned above (and the Better Dialogue Font mod) it becomes possible to play it without constantly zooming out (Edgepeek it is referred to as in Vorpx:

    The tinkering is minimal thanks to the preset profile, but yes, there are probably better settings than those I used, but it is quite playable this way.

    Glad I could answer my own question here from 2 months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comments/fijxes/vr_any_success/

    submitted by /u/gurufabbes123
    [link] [comments]

    New to the Game - Mods

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    Hey, guys, I'm looking for some help with mods.

    Firstly, can I get some suggestions? I'm mainly concerned with improving the graphics.

    Also, It doesn't look like adding mods is done in the usual way through steam. Do I have to add files to the directory of the game itself?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/IDrinkMoetNotBecks
    [link] [comments]

    Deposition goes down to 0 after intimidating it to 60-70% if I talk to the npc again

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    So I am using patch for purist. I assume it's because of that. Can I fix it or is there any other mods for bug fixing? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vitx777
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Defeat Dagoth With Words?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Can I use a calm spell to stop him and then intimidate him into submission? No fighting or anything, just scare him until he stops?

    submitted by /u/WeezerFan234
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain how to properly customize spells

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I seem to always mess it up, like it's powerful but requires too much MP. Any good guide ect would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SirSamuel11
    [link] [comments]

    Permadeath count : 1

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Morrowind doesn't seem to be actually using all of my computer's available power

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    So I've been playing through Morrowind for the first time from a deal I got off of Humble Bundle (it was only $7.50). I've got more powerful computers available, but I installed it on my older laptop just for fun. Wanted to play an old game on an old laptop, I guess. Anyways, with a couple of mods to make the journal text and menus more readable, and the Morrowind Code patch so I can run it in a decent resolution, I'm off to the races. I'm getting close to 60 FPS pretty much everywhere, but horrendous screen tearing. To fix that, I enabled VSync in Nvidia Control Panel. Tearing fixed, but the problem is that in big towns (for example, I'm noticing the problem in Caldera) FPS drops to like 30-40. The strange thing is, looking at the MSI Afterburner tells me that only ~70%ish of my GPU is used at any given time, and my CPU is also sitting near that area. Morrowind isn't using all of my computer's power, and it's just dropping frames instead. How can I fix this?

    Specs:

    Intel Core 2 Extreme x9000

    Nvidia Quadro FX 360m

    4GB DDR2 RAM

    Edit: Forgot to mention that I did tests with Triple Buffering on and off, and it didn't help performance much.

    submitted by /u/AndroidUser37
    [link] [comments]

    Quality of Life race choice - Which racial bonuses are the bomb dot com?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    So I've got a character I want to play, here's a quick rundown:

    • Luck

    • Speed

    • Spear

    • Unarmored

    • Enchanting

    • Alchemy

    • Sneak (because it's a pain to train up)

    • Restoration

    • Mysticism

    • Speechcraft

    • Security

    • [INSERT SKILL HERE]

    I'm a bit flexible on the race and starsign, I was considering Dunmer, Breton, or Nord for the permanent resistances. I plan on casting no spells, but using enchanting on rings for ranged damage and poking lots of things with spears close up. I'm totally fine with using alchemy to enchant my own rings with ridiculously high int.

    So which race is the best long-term? I don't mind a rougher early game, so a low STR/END race is fine.

    • Resist fire via Dunmer

    • Resist Frost/Shock via Nord

    • Resist Magicka via Breton (bonus shield power)

    Also, there's the starsign...leaning Atronach or Steed, because 50% magicka absorb or speed seem to be the best thing going. I can get END up to snuff by training my low Med/Heavy armor skills when my Spear ranks don't give me the multipliers I want.

    So what's your favorite way to go? Obviously aesthetics go to Argonian, so this is more about game mechanics and the relative strength of the passive bonuses when your character plans on never casting any spells (except maybe mark/recall every once in a while).

    Feel free to discuss and namecall below.

    EDIT: I'm now considering Breton and Curiass with Atronach with Light Armor and Spear.

    submitted by /u/Henry_the_Butler
    [link] [comments]

    Silver Tongue Build

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Stats: Personality + Agility

    Specialty: Stealth

    Race: Imperial

    Major: Speechcraft, Mercantile, Athletics, Marksmanship, Sneak

    Minor: Alteration, Light Armor, Security, Illusion, and Acrobatics

    Sign: The Lady

    End Stats: Health: 40 Magicka: 40 Fatigue: 175

    Strength: 40 Intelligence: 40 Willpower: 30 Agility: 40 Speed: 40 Endurance: 65 Personality: 85 Luck: 40

    I made this as I went, but I like the 85 in personality. Does anyone have any critiques?

    submitted by /u/WeezerFan234
    [link] [comments]

    NewPlayer

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Been scrolling this sub for a while and am just now getting into the game. Any quick tips for a first play-through. doing a dunmer spell sword type deal

    submitted by /u/DarKMuraudeR
    [link] [comments]

    Dunmer mage tips?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I am wanting to do a magic run with a dark elf any tips that are helpful would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Grethert
    [link] [comments]

    Maid In Trouble - how to remove from Journal?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I can't find a single thing on either wiki site regarding this quest or its giver, Stands-In-Pool. I don't recall installing any mods that give quests, I just wan't it out of my journal. Unless it is tied to something else I am unaware of.

    submitted by /u/venom2015
    [link] [comments]

    100+ Reflect and Resist Magicka but Still Nuking Myself

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I recently "acquired" the Royal Signet Ring from King Helseth which, when used in combination with Wraithguard, should give me 120% Reflect and 110% Resist Magicka. However, on two separate occasions (once against a Golden Saint and once against a Reikling) I've cast a spell only to reflected back in my face and instantly kill me. What's going on here? Even if a spell made it through the 120% Reflect shouldn't it be completely negated by the 110% Resist magicka>

    submitted by /u/Shake_n_Blake
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment