• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Morrowind Me and the N'wahs establishing an authoritarian theocracy

    Morrowind Me and the N'wahs establishing an authoritarian theocracy


    Me and the N'wahs establishing an authoritarian theocracy

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Mournhold - City of Light, City of Magic

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Why walk when you can ride

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Just found this

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I had a meme idea so I cooked this baby up in MSPaint in 5 minutes.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Finally got my first Daedric helm!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Warlord Jeebilus faces a god. How can he kill a god? (Potential spoiler)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    A real life Silt Strider

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    This game is great

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    I just started playing the game in it's vanilla GOTY version (bought on GOG) and I really like it ! I finished Skyrim and I played a bit of Oblivion but by far Morrowind is the one I feel the most immersed in. I really like that there is no handholding and big quest markers and that I actually have to use my brain and pay attention to do stuff. I put the difficulty at -100 so the vanilla combat isn't too frustrating (I may increase it while I level up) for a Skyrim player like me and the ugly graphics don't bother me at all. The game also does a great job at keeping me entertained while also not being addictive ! That's all I really wanted to say and thank you to all you guys for keeping this game alive !

    submitted by /u/Muda42
    [link] [comments]

    Dusk over the Solstheim dock

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Finally got OpenMW to work, Thrusts-Spears is ready for an adventure!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Been a few months since I last played, decided to jump back into things by trying to get as many ebony swords as I could at level 1.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    "Why do they call us skooma-head? This one has no idea.."

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    A quick drawing I did of MK’s original Vehk design

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    This game takes so long to complete and I love it

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Seriously I've been playing this game for like 4-5 months with like 550 hours on record and I'm no where near its completion

    submitted by /u/crazyladybutterfly2
    [link] [comments]

    Sathil Mercenary Armor V2

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    Make it quick, outlander

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    Argonian Mission Seems Kind of Suspect?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Finished the Rabinna's Inner Beauty quest, and poked around the Argonian Mission to find an Argonian slave hiding in a locked cell, asking that I don't tell the missionaries about him. If the Argonian Mission is such an upstanding place, why is there a slave locked away and scared in it?

    submitted by /u/GeZ_
    [link] [comments]

    TR-focused loot/rebalance/integration mod: any interest?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Morrowind's balance. Well, it is... weird. Let's just say that people play Morrowind not for it's balance. People often don't bother much with balancing Morrowind.

    But why play a lore-rich exploration-focused game with crappy balance when you can play a lore-rich exploration-focused game with better balance?

    My issue with most rebalance mods is that they don't get Morrowind. They try to make it way too game-y and take the balance too far. Morrowind is about freedom, creativity, and crazy stuff. I don't, however, think that getting the best medium armor at level 1 without any fighting is a core Morrowind's feature. Or ignoring 90% of game's weapons because 10% are so broken and easily available. What I do think, however, that getting very creative and sometimes simply lucky should award you with OP stuff. If you earned it, it's fine. But many of the Morrowind's items are just laying in the open, in the places most veterans know.

    Another issue with rebalance mods is that none of them, to my knowledge, touch Tamriel Rebuilt. Which is the best mod in the existence of Morrowind.

    It has it's flaws, though. For one, it is too safe. It is apparently too afraid to introduce OP stuff, and this is a fairly common complaint - there is no real incentive to search for the great loot in TR lands. But funny enough, some of the items you can buy from it's shops are very strong - imo too strong for their price.

    Another flaw is that it still feels like an add-on. "Add-on feeling" breaks immersion. TR does not touch Vvardenfell aside from the optional travel plugin, and that's a good decision for the sake of compability. But all the amazing new items of TR are nowhere to be found on Vvardenfell. To me, this is kind of immersion breaking.

    I am highly optimistic about TR. I want it to be a part of everyone's experience of Morrowind, to feel like a part of a base game. The locations are gorgeous, the quests are great. At the same time, the Vvardenfell could benefit from it by diversifying it's content and making OP stuff fun to find again. Visiting [REDACTED] for [REDACTED] can be fun only for this long.

    So, since the mod like this does not exist, why not make my own? The plans are:

    1. Complete rebalance of all armor and weapons to make a better progression without killing Morrowind's feel (so no daedric katana costing 2000 gold, that's just stupid). There are mods that do this, but you can't really fix, for example, light armor progression without adding new armor pieces. There is simply nothing in between of Chitin and Glass. TR fixes that. Some lore-friendly (and permission-friendly!) armor mods fix this too.

    2. Distribute new and shuffle existing items all across the Morrowind, including TR. Sword of White Woe has gone to a vacation. Daedric weapons, just like armor, are now unique. They are not nerfed, because Daedric is very strong lore-wise. But they are rarer. Some of the Vvardenfell's artifacts are now on the mainland. The goal is to have it feel like a part of a base game.

    3. Despite it sounding massive, have it be as lightweight and mod-friendly as possible. No landscape changes. Minimal dungeon changes, if any needed. The one thing that really annoys me in Morrowind Rebirth is that it hates other mods too much. But BTB's game improvements, for example, is very compatible. This is more of what I am aiming for.

    This is a big endeavor. So what I am mostly asking for, is anyone interested in mod like this? As I've said in the first paragraph, people often don't care about balance in this game. But would a mod akin to what I've described interest you? Or maybe you'd perhaps even want to aid me with a development of such mod? I don't think it's something I can't do by myself, but it's still a fairly big project.

    submitted by /u/Vengyre
    [link] [comments]

    These OpenMW graphic mods are getting crazy

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    isnt morrowind the best game ever?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    .

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    Objects disappearing based on camera angle

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I've noticed this weird issue where objects or textures disappear when viewed from a certain angle. For example, when viewing a lava pool the top crust texture will vanish (or possibly clip beneath the molten lava texture?) depending on the viewing angle. This is not dependent on the distance from the object, only the angle of the camera, so I'm fairly sure it is unrelated to distant land generation. When levitating directly above it's fine, but when standing next to it there will be rectangular patches of the bottom texture showing through, and the size and shape of the patches change as I pan the camera side to side.

    I have a pretty lightly modded game (code patch, MGE XE, correct meshes, grass mod and some misc improved texture mods). The lava textures are the ones from the Morrowind Enhanced Textures mod. I also downloaded Vurts lava mod as a test but the same thing is happening.

    I've seen references to this online about other games but it seems to be related to occlusion culling which I don't think is a factor for Morrowind. Is it possible the game is confused about which texture is supposed to be closest to the camera? What would control that?

    Really appreciate any help, this is stripping away my humanity and sanity and I wasn't able to get an answer on tes3mods.

    submitted by /u/PibbleGonnaEatYou
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment