• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 23, 2020

    Morrowind Warlord Jeebilus attempts to travel to the Urshilaku Camp

    Morrowind Warlord Jeebilus attempts to travel to the Urshilaku Camp


    Warlord Jeebilus attempts to travel to the Urshilaku Camp

    Posted: 22 May 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Made myself a Morrowind decorative bottle

    Posted: 22 May 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    I wanted to hop on the trend

    Posted: 22 May 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    It's a small detail, but I like the non-linearity of weapon/armor styles in Morrowind, compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    In both Oblivion and Skyrim, weapon and armor styles/materials (e.g. iron, steel, glass, ebony, etc.) are awfully linear. Each quality level is a bit higher than the previous one, and the weight also goes up in a similar way. And I find it... kind of boring?

    In Morrowind, it feels like each material or style of combat gear is its own thing, rather than just an entry on a leveled list. Sometimes two styles are about equal, except for their appearance or the race or culture that uses it (e.g. do you want to look like an outlander, or blend in with the locals?). Sometimes you get a material that is both better-quality and lighter than the one you previously had. Sometimes you have a big gap in quality between a style and the next; for example, a light armor wearer will wear nothing better than the cheap and plentiful chitin armor until they get their hands on the much rarer and more expensive glass armor. Sometimes you have "incomplete" armor types: Nordic Trollbone has only the cuirass, helmet and shield, so you will likely end up with a patchwork of different styles.

    It's much more interesting and characterful, IMO. Like the makers of the game really put an emphasis on their worldbuilding when coming up with armor and weapon styles.

    Morrowind is kind of chaotic in some ways, and I love it.

    submitted by /u/-Guardsman-
    [link] [comments]

    Hlaalu style farm (oils, 10cm plywood). Got some good opaque yellow, making highlights so much easier.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    [Guide] The locations of all the Master Trainers on a single map.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Fk cliff racers squad

    Posted: 23 May 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Miniature redoran houses. Based on "TES III: Morrowind"

    Posted: 22 May 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Morrowind Cartographer IRL? Need advice

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    In an attempt to change up my play style in a brand new run, I've been hoping to find a somewhat blank printable map of Vvardenfell with only a few basic details that I can then fill in and update IRL as I explore in the game. Does anyone have any leads for such a map?

    I hope that this may slow my game pace down and really allow me to appreciate the geography of the whole island instead of being sometimes annoyed in some situations where I can't blow across the island (aka Skyrim syndrome, a grave illness I developed in my last run).

    I think it could also mesh quite nicely with my new character which will explore a lot of guilds new to me (in my youth I stuck mostly to fighters/mages/main quest...yawn after multiple times playing the same way).

    Imagine a Breton Blade, secretly part of House Telvanni, gaining experience in thieves/morag tong before entering Tribunal Temple and working his way up/infiltrating until the disappearance of Ur and the Almsivi...I figure such a character would find use in the subtle art of cartography!

    submitted by /u/bruebontaguebanta
    [link] [comments]

    How do I customize the mod load order of bettercombat.esm after Tamriel_Data.esm in OpenMW?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    So, I have been getting back into Elder Scrolls games and lore again and instead of playing just Skyrim again, I decided to mod Morrowind for a first time play through. Problem is I ran into a problem with a really good mod called better combat.

    For some reason, when I enable all my .esm files for better combat in OpenMW mod loader, it says that it must be loaded after Tamriel_Data.esm. This is my mod load order according to OpenMW's config file in my documents:

    * data="A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Tamriel_Data" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Tamriel_Re" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Morrowind Rebirth" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Cyrodiil_Main" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Better_Combat" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Better_Bodies" data="A:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\OpenMW 0.45.0\Data Files\Better_Heads" * So, according to the order I listed the mods in my OpenMW config through notepad, it should load bettercombat.esm after Tamriel_Data.esm, but it doesn't? My MW crashes everytime I enable the better combat esm files and runs fine without it. I've tried adding the files through mlox and couldn't get that to add files due to some weird error.

    I'm completely lost at this point how to customize load order. I really want better combat to avoid that ridiculous roll to hit mechanic that plagues MW's combat system vs. modern systems. Any ideas? I have Morrowind Code Patcher and all other requirements. The isolated problem is load order and I don't know what is wrong with mlox. Any help is appreciated. I just want to enjoy this classic!! I am traditionally a dark elf, and it sucks I haven't played MW yet...

    submitted by /u/Lloids77
    [link] [comments]

    Can't read Red Book of 3E 426.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    Ran into a strange bug, shortly after Miner Arobar made me Hortator, the game wouldnt let me read the red book when i dropped it on my character. I can read it if i drop it and pick it up, but i still cant read it by dropping it on my character. What's this about? Is it serious or can i just ignore it? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MedievalCyclops88
    [link] [comments]

    Settled on Kagrenac's Tools for my next tattoo, need help finding art

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Hey gang, as the title suggests I' wondering if anybody has any good minimalist art for a Sunder, Keening, and Wraithguard tattoo. I'll be drawing it myself so just looking for different perspectives or any suggestions/ideas the community might have. Down the road may start working on an Elder Scrolls-inspired sleeve so nothing's off the table.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SkolVision
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind's true endgame: collections (screenshots)

    Posted: 22 May 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Morrowind's true endgame: collections (screenshots)

    A couple of days ago, u/Fainebrayne showed us his/her collection of... I guess a little of everything? It inspired me to load my next-to-last playthrough saves and take some screenshots of a collection I work on in pretty much any playthrough - lights and lanterns!

    I like to have a well lit-up base/home, and the Hlaalu Manor's interiors aren't exactly bright (and it doesn't help that I have a window next to my monitor). So as I go through the game, I take and steal pretty much every I see.

    At the beginning, I just placed them on a table:

    (at this point I had no detailed plan for them)

    After a while the collection grew, albeit still on that same table and with no specific ideas regarding what to do with the lights. The fact is, I liked how they looked all together on a table:

    (and some under the table)

    Eventually I had too many for a single table and decided I could place them along the walls - you know, to actually light up the place. Then behind some books, then in the darkerst area (the storage with the crates and sacks)... and then in the ceiling; why not?

    The table, today.

    View from the entrance.

    Another angle.

    Storage.

    It's starting to dawn on me that books + wood + candles might be a significant fire hazard.

    After a while I just started placing lamps outside, thinking it wouldn't hurt to be able to see my house from afar (since I travel so much by means of a 1 second 50+ point jump spell).

    Keeps the neighbors awake at night.

    From above.

    This is the save file on which I still plan to finish Tribunal and Bloodmoon (and Twin Lamps and Propylon indexes, among other goals), so I have a few hours in it yet. If there are places you know to be good "lantern spots" (as in, with many light fixtures to steal), let me know (besides imperial outposts - I already looted most of them).

    This has become such a compulsion that I will drop a daedric piece just to have enough space for more lamps. It's become such a goal in itself that when I walk into a room and see a lamp, I forget about why I'm there, about the quest, and just go "Oooh I gotta have that". I then spend my time combining Telekinesis and stealth (sometimes levitation), positioning and waiting, just to grab that lamp or candle. It has become the true endgame for me.

    [mods: mgexe for distant land and fog, and patches]

    submitted by /u/zoejdm
    [link] [comments]

    my first playthrough of morrowind and I already think I have a favourite character

    Posted: 22 May 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    Blind Let's Play Morrowind - The Airship And Hrothmund's Bane!

    Posted: 22 May 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Help with weapon sheathing on Android

    Posted: 22 May 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble getting the mod to work on Android, I have the latest nightly version of openmw but the install guide says I have to run the openmw launcher and activate "use additional animation sources and enable weapon & shield sheathing" but I can't find this on mobile, is there a way to resolve this?

    submitted by /u/FrozenSlug
    [link] [comments]

    The Morrowind Prophecies First Edition pdf

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Hello. Searching for some time only gave me some dead link, so maybe anyone knows, where to get a pdf file The Morrowind Prophecies First Edition, not GOTY.

    submitted by /u/yololo_dotard
    [link] [comments]

    Does MGE XE add new land and/or textures to the game? I just wanted to be able to see far off in vanilla. Sorry if this is painfully noobish.

    Posted: 22 May 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    I did some brief research, installed MGE XE (alongside Steam), I went with most of the default settings when I did the whole terrain wizard deal and when I launched I was blown away by the beauty and the distance.

    This all being said, is any of what this mod does new generation? I'd like to stick with vanilla though with a greater view distance if possible.

    submitted by /u/Geisl
    [link] [comments]

    Instalation order

    Posted: 22 May 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    I bought morrowind CD and i really dont know how should i install expansions.

    Should i first beat the game, then "check" bloodmoon in plugins then tribunal

    Or should i check both of them before start of the game?

    submitted by /u/ShutTheFuckUpRetard1
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact about the word "sharmat"

    Posted: 22 May 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    It comes from ancient Akkadian šar māt, wherein it meant "king of the land," and was a title for royalty, which is clearly (probably?) very different from how it is used in Morrowind in late 3e. I suppose it's possible that in morrowind sharmat was once a secular, temporal term that meant something similar but ended up adopting a sinister meaning by being associated with Dagoth Ur as a folk devil.

    Edit: my phone apparently didnt like the word "Akkadian" and thought "All Asian" would make more sense

    submitted by /u/paraouji
    [link] [comments]

    I dont even know how urban dictionary come up with the names

    Posted: 22 May 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Live from the Black Shalk Cornerclub: Geor the Bard!

    Posted: 22 May 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Thank you! Thanks, thanks everyone. No, I mean it. It means a lot. A lot of people don't know this but I was actually born and raised right here in the Foreign Quarter. I was! Yeah. That was back in the days when you couldn't go anywhere if you were a foreigner. It was hard to - yeah, you know what I'm talking about! It was hard to get started back then. Had to scrimp and save for every coin until I could finally get out and go on the road. And now I'm coming home again. Though it feels in some ways like I never left. You know, before I came here, I was performing at Molag Mar. Anyone here from there? Yeah? A couple? It's amazing, you know, you walk in and you're like "Hey, this looks familiar..." Right? She gets it!

    So I took the silt strider to get here. I normally walk, because they're so expensive! What's the deal with that? Like it'll cost you thirty septims to go to Seyda Neen. What is that? Like do they not know how much money that is? And Seyda Neen! Man! You couldn't even pay me thirty septims to go to a swamphole like that, let alone ask me to pay you! Anyone in the audience from there? No? See! It's because once you get sucked in there, you never get out. It's a pit of despair.

    Anyway, like I was saying, I normally never take the strider but Raril, he - let's give him a hand, folks, he's - right? He's great. This is a classy place. I've been to a lot of clubs in the past few years but none of them beat this. Anyway, he paid for me to take it so I figured why not? And I get on it, and if you've ever been on one before you know what it's like. You sit there and you look around and it's all like "This is amazing!" for like thirty seconds. Then it's all just like "Okay, I'm done with this." Anyway so I get talking to the driver, and get this - do you know how these things work? Okay, okay, okay, so here's the thing, right? They pilot the silt striders by actually poking around at its insides. Like, what? Who came up with that? You ever think about that? How did this all get started? Like who was the guy who first said "Hey look, a giant bug. I know what I'm going to do. I'm gonna carve a big hole in it - without killing it, right, oh no, this bug doesn't get put out of its misery - and I'm gonna fiddle around with its organs until I find a way to make it move the way I want to, and then I'm going to put a bunch of chairs in it and cart people around Morrowind!" I mean, am I right? Who - how do you come up with that? How does that happen? And how much trial and error went into that? Like how much did they have to experiment before they got the right organs? You know, you poke the wrong nerve and suddenly it's mating season! You thought you signed up for a strider ride but turns out the strider's ridin you!

    Haha, ahhhhhhhhhhh [*censored*]

    So anyway, I get back here to Vivec and you know what the first thing I see is, right? It's one of those Ordinators. And he's just giving me like, that, that Ordinator stare, you know? He's givin me one of these. Like, yeah, just like that, exactly. And - here's the thing, okay? Like you think it's bad, now imagine being a Wood Elf! Any Bosmer in the audience? Yeah? Hey! Where ya from? What? Get the [*censored*] outta here, Southpoint trash! Haha, I'm kidding. It's - it's a Valenwood thing. Don't worry about it. Anyway, imagine you're one of us, right? Like you think it's bad for you, but we're all the way down here, like this! And the Ordinator's just looming up over us, like this! And they just give you that -that look, you know, and they're like "We're watching you, scum!" And man I was just about ready to confess to anything! Like "Yeah I'm the one causing the blight, I was the Imperial Simulacrum, I'm the one that made the Dwarves go away, like I'll confess to anything, man! Just please don't hurt me!" Like - look, you see that Ordinator at the back right now? She don't even care! She's just standing there like, "Haha, yeah, all of you *are* scum."

    Nah, nah, I'm kidding though. Ordinators - Ordinators are good people, you know? I know I couldn't do what they do. You put on that armour every day, got no idea what's going to happen. You step out and it turns out some psycho's summoned a Daedra. Like - man like you gotta have guts to do that job man. If it were me I'd be all like "Uhh, hey, uhh you know, I think I left the cauldron boiling at home. I'm just gonna have to Recall real quick and check," haha you know? Right? That'd be me - yeah, you too, yeah, I know. But these guys - they're the real deal man, and I respect that, you know?

    You know who I don't respect? Those Thieves Guild types that go up against them. Anyone here from the Thieves' Guild? Hah! -Ah! Almost gotcha! Haha yeah he's acting like he's just stretching but we all know what's really going on. I think you're gonna be spending the night in the big rock in the sky, my friend. And the Ordinator at the back, she's just all like "Nah we just dump their kind in the canals."

    No, I'm kidding. Not actually. Like I said, Ordinators are good people. They even do their rounds over in - oh, okay, this is going to blow your mind. Get ready because I am about to blow your daedra-[*censored*] mind. Okay, so this one time when I was here Vivec, I was at the Arena, right? Go Team Senyndie! Whoo! What? Oh, who do you cheer for? What!? WHAT!? Really? You - really? Anyway, I was - okay, I still can't get over that. Apparently Serul has fans, you learn something new every day. Anyway, I was there, and let's be honest, I wasn't in the best frame of mind. I'd been a dutiful kinsman of Great House Sujamma, if you know what I mean, eh? So I wasn't really too confident in my directional sense in the first place. And then, then I got separated from the people I was with because I got stuck walking behind some St. Delyn types. You - you know what I mean? People from St. Delyn they got, like, they got that walk? It's kinda like a strut and a scurry at the same time, like - like this, you know? It's weird, you don't see it anywhere else.

    So anyway I got turned around pretty bad, and I wound up somewhere, get this - the Telvanni canton. What? WHAT!? Like how many of you, okay, how many of you have lived here your whole lives and are just finding out now that there's a Telvanni canton. Right? Like, what do they do with it? Why is it there? It was like a ghost town in there. Like, who approved that? Who said one day "Hey, you know who needs their own canton all to themselves? A bunch of old people who never leave their tower out in the middle of nowhere."

    Anyway that's all for tonight folks! Thank you so much, you've been a great audience! Don't forget to tip your Argonian!

    submitted by /u/MilesBeyond250
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment