• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Morrowind this is the end of you, swit!

    Morrowind this is the end of you, swit!


    this is the end of you, swit!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Can I technically call this an Elder Scroll since I found it in a dusty wooden chest that hadn’t been opened since high school 18 years ago?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Years ago I heard Toonami say "it will take so long to finish the game you might not care long enough to see the end." Today I finally saw the end!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Everyone knows about the Elder scrolls Total war Mod right? Well if you don't you do now.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    You are awakened by a loud noise.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    Modern problems require modern solutions

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Walmart customer starterpack

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    The aftermath of Warlord Jeebilus’s glorious battle with the cliff racers. He reigns supreme!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Dwemer Puzzle Box?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Sunrise over Ald'ruhn

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Sorry for the poor image but check out my greatest achievement as a thief: one million gold

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I just played Tribunal DLC'S "A Star is Born"

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    For those who haven't done this quest, you essentially are given a play script, The Horror of Castle Xyr, and you're told to act it out and deliver your lines memorized in-game.

    I spent probably too much time making sure I had the lines at least somewhat memorized, and got way too invested in this script. I was therefore dissapointed that, (minor spoiler), you don't get to entirely finish the play.

    Maybe it's because I've been stuck inside for weeks, but for whatever reason it KILLS me that It's completely unfeasible to do a staged reading of this play, let alone a fully blocked version of it. Am I alone in this weird want to put on this and other plays that exist in the Elder Scrolls cannon?

    Either way, 10/10 unique quest, and very good in-universe fiction.

    submitted by /u/Stromlite
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind First Timer - Help Please!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    I hear there's a lot of QoL things you should download for this game (mods?) What do you all suggest?

    Also I hear the game is quite confusing, do people follow a guide?

    Any tips on stats and races and such?

    submitted by /u/anonymouspsy
    [link] [comments]

    Game won,t give me higher resolution option than 1280 x 720p.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    I am using the graphic extender with the resolution of 2560 x 1080p typed there. But when I launch the game and go into the options it does not give me a resolution higher than 1280 x 720p.

    submitted by /u/VirenXEdge
    [link] [comments]

    Just started to make progress (finally)! Heres some stuff I wish I knew going in!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    After months of getting frustrated and leaving, coming back and so on, I finally got past my first hour of Morrowind and I'm hooked. So here are some tips I wish I'd known when i picked this up.

    1. Possibly the most important, the amount of Fatigue in your status bar affects your chance to hit with melee weapons and cast spells. My biggest gripe was strolling confidently into the first Fighters Guild mission only for my spells to fizzle and my frantic sword swipes to whiff for seemingly no reason. Keeping it full or near full and keeping some (easy to make and find materials for) potions on hand is a must in combat. Saltrice and Kwuma eggs baby.

    2. Recharging enchanted gear gives skill XP just as much as making it. Why, I don't know, but its good for training. Also fyi Soul Trap is Mysticism and not Conjuration. Coming from Skyrim this baffled me.

    3. Blocking is passive/randomish in Morrowind as opposed to Skyrim's active block button. It happens randomly. Shields also count as an armor slot, and can still be equipped even when using 2 handed weapons.

    4. Its best to focus on one weapon skill and one armor skill. In the early game, carry weight real estate is a small market so only carry what you need.

    5. Take the Silt Strider to Balmora, go to the Mages Guild teleporter downstairs and pick the bottom travel location. When there, go downstairs and open the door on your right and climb the stairs. On the table is a complete set of the second best alchemy tools in the game. Only catch is you technically have to steal them.

    6. For first time players, good star sign choices are: The Warrior (+10% to base hit chance, not as good at high agility/weapon skill levels), The Lady (+25 Endurance and Personality which is great starting out and my personal go to) and the Atronach (best for non mages, as you resist 50% of all magic. Magic can be a real pain later on.)

    7. Say you have a weapon, an Iron Claymore that says its Chop Damage is 1 - 24. Thats not a random chance, its ramp up. As far as I've seen bigger weapons do better damage when holding the attack button, but smaller weapons are usually better spamming it.

    8. Lets say you have 4 pieces of armor. They provide 2, 4, 6, and 8 armor respectively. Means 20 armor right? Wrong. There's this algorithm that your armor value runs through but basically whatever armor you wanna wear, level that skill up and it'll protect you more. Don't swear the numbers too much.

    9. Only use trainers if you really need to. Stuff like Weapon Skills and some Magic Skills are either easy to level or have little quirky ways to level it quickly. Good things to train in are skills like Block, Mercantile, Athletics and Acrobatics (which I dont set as major or minor so i dont waste level ups) and Armor skills (if your chicken, which i am).

    10. Play on PC, with mods. This game is awesome, buts crazy buggy and looks kinda poopy on Xbox. I haven't dabbled with many mods but what I would start with is graphics updates and draw distance improvements, the unofficial patch, and a decent player home (carry weight is a big hindrance early on and afaik getting a legit house takes a long time, and i don't know if guild chests refresh and delete your stuff.

    (Please feel free to correct me on any of this, and any other tips and tricks are welcome. I was gonna mention daisy chaining but it seems a little cheaty to me)

    submitted by /u/RetroTheGameBro
    [link] [comments]

    Best fov setting for OpenMW ultrawide?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    My max fov is 110. My default is 55. Which looks the best for 2560 x 1080p in your experience.

    submitted by /u/VirenXEdge
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else play/interested in playing TES3MP? It's 100% Amazing.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I'm looking for some people to start out with on the Neveraine Prophecies server! I've played Morrowind on and off for years but I'm looking to dive in again as a multiplayer experience.

    All you need to play is a copy of Morrowind and the OpenMW based TES3MP Client. No mods or anything fancy required. If you have mods installed that's fine, you'll just need to disable them in the OpenMW launcher in the TES3MP folder. This won't effect your vanilla Morrowind install at all, it's just reading data from your data files. Also, any pluginless (animation, mesh, texture, etc) mod should work fine so all of your fancy graphics overhauls will apply!

    The server has tones of quality of life scripts that re-configure Morrowind to be almost MMO like. There is player housing, player shops, arenas and optional PvP. They've also done a great job buffing some of the harder encounters in the game so that even once you've reached "living god status", there's still challenges to endure!

    I'd love to know what the overall communities thoughts are on TES3MP, I'm super surprised that more people aren't talking about it here or playing in general. If you're interested in playing, or already play on Neveraine Prophecies I'd love to hear from you! If anyone needs any help setting things up, I'll do my best to help.

    I leave you with a picture of my Breton Spellsword being stared down by a free-ranged Dreamer.

    submitted by /u/ninob168
    [link] [comments]

    Technical problem. With OpenMw Ultrawide.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    I followed everything from the graphics guide. It appears I am able to play Morrowind in ultrawide through the normal application. But I am unable to enter ultrawide when launching it through OpenMW.

    With the normal application the resolution is set to 1280 x something. While with OpenMw it is 2560x 1080p.

    I changed the normal application of Morrowind through graphics extender by changing the fov to 120. I think that is the the source of the normal one being in ultrawide with a far worse resolution and the Open MW one not being in ultrawide. And by ultrawide I mean stretching through my entire screen without any black bars.

    Is there anyway to change the fov of open MW?

    submitted by /u/VirenXEdge
    [link] [comments]

    Part two of a heavily edited run-through of my favorite game!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Smoke on the water (Melchior Dahrk's Mistify)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    I need help, badly. I’m stuck on the Cavern of the Incarnate quest.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I played for four hours straight last night, got into the cavern properly, and the game crashed right after I left. I hadn't saved, which was my dumb mistake. Now, I'm standing in front of the cavern door trying to redo everything I lost, and the damn thing won't work. I've tried opening it during the dawn and dusk hours. I've tried the unlock console command. I've tried the coc command. Nothing is working. It just keeps telling me that stupid line, "the door is locked and will not open, the star is the key." I really, really don't want to have to restart the game with a new character. Do any of you know what's wrong??

    submitted by /u/anonymous-horror
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment