• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Morrowind It's really tough out here on the streets

    Morrowind It's really tough out here on the streets


    It's really tough out here on the streets

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Fashionwind

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    Why Play Morrowind Today?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    When you spend your weekend modding and you see your character wearing a yellow exclamation mark.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Ah, yes. That new n'wah smell.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    Made the switch to OpenMW

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    For the last several years all I've done is start and restart Morrowind, but I was always reluctant about booting up OpenMW. What about the mod support? Isn't it unfinished? How about distant lands? These were just some of the questions that kept me from biting the bullet.

    Fast forward: It's April 2020. There's a global pandemic, and I'm working from home. You know what this means: I have several hours to follow a tedious, error-prone guide about piling junk into the Data Files folder I've come to know and love like some junkie on Hoarders. Namely, this guide: https://modding-openmw.com/lists/total-overhaul/

    Twelve hours later, I'm waking up in front of a half-naked dark elf. Why is he so sweaty? And why am I sore all over? Who cares? I'm quickly greeted by open-source goodness, and the fresh smell of Seyda Neen pond scum in the morning. Detailed shadows. High-resolution fonts. A decent frame rate! And I can even alt+tab without crashing!

    But what about distant lands? Long gone and forgotten. What we have here is just as far as I've ever been able to get MGEXE configured to run without the game grinding to a halt.

    And swift casting? An unfortunate casualty, but Morrowind ain't balanced around it. If you wanna play Oblivion, then play Oblivion.

    No mod support, right? Listen up, chump. This is the latest nightly build. We have weapon sheathing here.

    So now I've finally arrived, but my records don't show from where, and I gotta help some fabulous wood elf find his jewelry. I think I've been here before.

    submitted by /u/preservicat
    [link] [comments]

    Playing for the first time?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Hello everyone I've been thinking about trying the game , i just finished oblivion and was looking for something to play. My question is should i use mods? If so can i get some recommendations on what mods would i need for better experience? Thanks !

    submitted by /u/eNGIneeR_Killer69
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind 2020 | Faylynn's Mournhold The Emerald City

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Swits' gonna s'wit.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Me Everytime

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Azura and Nerevar. By me

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Just had a realization..

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    When I was playing this before and got into the Burial Caverns part of the main quest I was REALLY jaded that near ALL the items were trash tier loot.

    My second time play through it clicked; this is a native peoples burial cavern, they have no technology to make good weapons, its lore realistic.

    Thought that was really cool. I go back to playing now.

    submitted by /u/forgettable_alias
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone ever find out if the Xbox One BC Morrowind suffers from save bloat crashes?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Doesn't seem like anyone has actually played it enough to find out

    On original Xbox, the game would start crashing after you've altered too many cells in the game. (Leaving doors open, etc)

    I know they tweaked this one a bit more than other OG Xbox releases so idk

    submitted by /u/RanPaulxCoronaChan
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you follow the texts in Vivec's palace?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    I was reading the papers that one can find behind Vivec in his palace. About how they're gonna stop Dagoth Ur and stuff. They also mentioned how to achieve energy from The Heart of Lorkhan and how to become a god like the tribunal. It explains that you must hit the heart only once instead of multiple times with keening. But does this have any effect? Or is it just nice to know?

    submitted by /u/MiniEngineer2003
    [link] [comments]

    Caption This

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    expression error cell id fort frostmoth colonyreporttimer crash

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Need help. I have no idea why im getting this crash but now whenever i load up my saved game this pops up..

    submitted by /u/AIMED55
    [link] [comments]

    what the hell am i supposed to do to please these annoying buzzing rocks?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Boots of Blinding Speed Disappearance

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    I just finished the quest to get the boots of blinding speed. I'm playing a khajiit and forgot beast races cant wear shoes. When i tried to equip it it gave me the usual message bout beast races and shoes and the boots just disappeared from my inventory. Anyone know why this would happen?

    Edit Just walked into a shop, talked to the shopkeeper and they reappeared. This game is weird.

    submitted by /u/regallyMorose
    [link] [comments]

    Modding morrowind?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Hey thinking about giving morrowind a whirl for the first time in a long time. I remember i installed a mod that fixed the weird levelling last time i played in 2017 (Not using your non-class abilities to make your levels better is a pretty lame system imo). I watched a vid about getting it to run, and the youtuber (zaric) reccomended OPENMW, which i suppose can clash with a ton of morrowind mods? A few of em look good like better bodies or faces, morrowind rebuilt, and livlier morrowind, but i don't want to get stupid complicated with it. Its a little bit confusing as somebody who doesn't mod a ton.

    should i use OPENMW or stick to vanilla with a couple mods?

    I have the steam GOTY edition

    submitted by /u/Rynian
    [link] [comments]

    Ingredients have no effect??

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Just like the title says, I can eat ingredients or stuff like matze or greef but when I go back to look it still just shows question marks in the item info. Also some of them have no discernible for me at all even in the effects thing in the magic menu. Sorry if this didn't make any sense, I'm super new to this and have no clue what I'm doing wrong

    submitted by /u/mchamby1
    [link] [comments]

    How to commit to characters?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    So, I'm relatively new to the game. My issue here is that I find it somewhat hard to commit to characters. So many characters build sound interesting to me that it is even funny, but my point is that, after a while, I do most (or, at least, what I judge as most) of the quests specifically related to that build, get really strong, fetch one or another artifact (I try not to memorize their locations in order to make the game feel more natural), but, then, I kinda feel the urge to switch, as if I had exhausted what that build had to offer me. I'm assuming this will affect the main quest even harder, since, once you finish it, there is not much to explore on it, the puzzles are already solved, no more surprises, that kind of stuff.

    So, what do you guys do to commit to a build for some extended period of time (if you do)? Am I failing to truly appreciate what the game has to offer for each gameplay (surely this is subjective, but, well, I'm asking for opinions, so...?

    [context on my current build - skippable for the sake of the question]

    To give it a bit more of context, currently I'm running a stealth build. What I choose as a way to keep the game challenging and prevent my character to become overpowered is to focus specifically on the build itself, and not to allow it to become stronger in other areas. That means, for instance, that my speed and agility are far beyond 130, while my strength and intelligence are both capped at around 70 (and I use Talriviam's state based HP because I don't find they way HP works in vanilla fair - although, despite using it, my character is still somewhat fragile, as expected from the build). I'm around level 40, and I do intend to keep following this path of becoming God-like in the main attributes, while just good on the support ones, instead of becoming good at everything. I'm already Master Thief, and finished the Bal Molagmer quests as well - the sole artifacts I have are the Cuirass of the Saviours Hide (stolen), the mentor's ring (found on a tomb) and some other ring which I don't remeber.

    Overall, I'm all about roleplay, and absolutely nothing about min-max, or anything like that. I'm even thinking about a Healer build, although I'm not sure how to fit in the offensive abilities required to pass some parts of the main quest (which I've never finished).

    submitted by /u/lp-lima
    [link] [comments]

    How to kill Thanelen Velas without getting my ass handed to me?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm currently working on the Hlaalo murder quest in Balmora, but my unarmored character is getting killed ridiculously fast when I start fighting him. Is there a good way to kill him when you're weak or should I just come back when my character is a higher level? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/waffel75
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment