• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Morrowind the hand-to-hand permadeath is about to face judgement day.

    Morrowind the hand-to-hand permadeath is about to face judgement day.


    the hand-to-hand permadeath is about to face judgement day.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    Me yesterday: "It is the time to try Skyrim once again!" Me today:

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Thought this was a dreugh

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:26 PM PST

    Talk About Travel

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Travelling in Morrowind, whether by accident or design, is brilliant.

    Complain all you want about fast travel in later games, most of us do only slightly more walking in Morrowind than in Skyrim or Oblivion. Possibly even less. Why? Because teleportation is EVERYWHERE in this game.

    ALMSIVI, Divine, Mark/Recall, Propylons, Guild Guides, Silt Striders, Boats. There are so many ways to pop from one place to another, but what sets Morrowind apart is that each one of these requires an act of discovery.

    When you first hop off the boat from parts unknown, you know nothing. You don't know how to get from place to place. You look around Seyda Neen and, like many of us likely did on our first playthrough, decide to try and walk to Balmora. You get lost, as many of us probably did, and end up in Hla Oad instead. You fight mudcrabs, kwama, maybe a bandit or two. The world is strange.

    Eventually you actually stop and listen to an NPC and start learning about things like Silt Striders and Guild Guides. The world gets a little easier to navigate, but you're probably spending a lot of time walking down the road and looking at signs still.

    But eventually, you come to know Morrowind. You hit your recall and from there you can chain interventions to cover half the map, or end up at a silt strider or guide or boat to take you where you need to be, or in range to invtervention closer.

    You know exactly where such and such place is, and you go from trekking along roads to flying or leaping over mountains.

    There's a sense of Mastery to learning how to navigate Vvardenfell. To going from a stranger in a strange land to knowing every path and shortcut to get from where you are to where you want to be.

    submitted by /u/AManyFacedFool
    [link] [comments]

    Boys, Permadeath attempt #3. This time, I’m a farmer who got deported to Morrowind.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:07 PM PST

    Boys, it’s a sad day. While getting a skull for some lady in the mages guild, my permadeath run ended.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    I remixed Dagothwave as a 16-bit SEGA Genesis song.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:15 PM PST

    Anyone familiar with this bug?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:35 PM PST

    Its in the spellmaker. I will be creating a spell for an example, will have a magicka cost of 11 and a chance to cast of 57. I will create the spell, but then when i view it on the magic tab it will have a casting cost of 11, but a chance to cast of 92.

    If I delete another spell, every other spell remaining will have a changed chance to cast to that of what is shown in the spellmaker, but only until I close the menu and reopen it.

    I have been vexed as to why this is happening so I am asking reddit if anyone knows about it and the cause.

    I thought It could be the MCP. I know it has some options that affect the spellmaker, but none that change casting chances that I know of. Is there a game setting that would do this? I have been looking through game settings but I cant find anything that might cause this.

    Any ideas would be helpful.

    EDIT: Fatigue was always full, so that is not the reason.

    submitted by /u/Teralitha
    [link] [comments]

    Dialogue "" type "Journal" tried to become type "Topic".

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:52 PM PST

    I know the fix for this is to resave a mod in the Construction Kit.

    I decided to set up a new play-through for downloading about 400 plugin based mods (on top of pluginless texture/mesh mods and pluginless MWSE mods). Many of the plugin ones I backed-up and then merged because of the 255 plugin limit.

    I test it out to make sure the game will at least load and let me start a new game without any major errors. I see a familiar error in the Warnings.txt file.

    Dialogue "" type "Journal" tried to become type "Topic".

    How can I figure out WHICH mod is causing the issue that I need to resave?

    submitted by /u/enderandrew42
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Wizards Island Super Patch by Danjb

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:10 PM PST

    It is supposed to be here at Morrowind Modding History, but this page won't load for me. Every other link I can find ultimately points back to here:

    http://mw.modhistory.com/download-26-14254

    Edit: More specifically I'm looking for the Super Patch that also moves the island to work with TR, but if I recall both should be in that one zip.

    submitted by /u/enderandrew42
    [link] [comments]

    Private Mobile Base (pre-bought location)

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:23 AM PST

    come watch my oblivion live stream! Power leveling for a little bit then we doing a whole lot of questing!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 06:45 PM PST

    New Character

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I've been trying to make a character for a while now (like 5 characters) but I feel like I'm not getting the full morrowind experience, so I thought "hey, reddit could give me some ideas" and here I am. I've been wanting to play a wizard but I'm open to anything as long as it's a fun time

    submitted by /u/pandoraloz
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind irl

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:17 AM PST

    So i am done with the Main Quest

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I really liked using 6th house bell hammer and sunder with heavy armor (i am a nord) but ive only focused on Main Quest as much as i can because i didnt have much time (it took me 7 months to finish) now i kinda have free time so can you guys suggest me some fun builds (and how to obtain them) and/or nice easter eggs, side quest etc.

    And yes ive checked youtube but those videos either too long or too old. Thank you very much for your time !

    PS: i done some Fighters Guild stuff but i just rushed them and i dont know any exploits but will be happy to use them

    submitted by /u/ElezerHan
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help with advancing the thieves guild

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    No matter what I do or how much gold I spend trying to level up to the requirements skills on the Morrowind elder scrolls page, I can't seem to advance from black cap to operative. It's really frustrating and I don't know what to do at this point

    My favored skills: Security - 57 Marksman - 55 Acrobatics - 32 Light armor - 20 Short blade - 20 Sneak - 32

    My personality is 30 and my agility is 50. I really hope there's something I'm missing and it's not a glitch

    WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

    (Btw I've done all the quests from sugar-lips, big Helende, and aengoth the jeweler)

    submitted by /u/OwMyLegHelp
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to gimp your character?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 06:07 AM PST

    Hello I'm wondering if I should worry about maximizing my attributes for each level up? Or is it alright to say get 4/3/2 with each level up with the occasional 5?

    submitted by /u/Rosebourne
    [link] [comments]

    Scaling the UI WITHOUT the Graphics Extender.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 06:15 AM PST

    Hi, I playing Morrowind with minimal graphical mods, but I am bothered by the size of tthe UI on modern resolutions.

    But I don't want to use MGE to scale it, because it's high-quality water shader very much clashes with vanilla morrowind graphics.

    Is there any way to scale the UI without MGE or is there a way to disable the water shader on MGE?

    submitted by /u/Lazy_Sorcerer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment