• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    Morrowind Caius cosades card art

    Morrowind Caius cosades card art


    Caius cosades card art

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Vivec has wares, if you have coin.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Map that is actually useful for exploring the game world

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    With my bad eyesight, I thought this was something else hanging down on the statue...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    Posted a drawing of my Khajiit in Mournhold a week or so ago, and forgot to post also the pic of the in-game photo that it was based of. In any case, here it is: a windy morning in the City of Light and Magic.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Meanwhile in Morrowind...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Re-discovering the Game - loving it

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    So I played several games when I was a kid, that I didn't really get. Morrowind is one of them, even though I said I liked it. Playing it now, I don't know what the hell I was doing clowning around before? Like, you don't have to do quests or whatever, of course. But besides small things I'd not want to change a lot to make it feel modern. I like how much you just walk around (I don't like how the game tells you Vivec is confusing, thank you very much) and how my fighter build, where I wanted to hit things with a sword, pays people off more often than kills them, and how much I'm forced to read to understand stuff. I even read the Progress book after getting it (it's where i'm at in the story right now) FOR FUN, just because it sounded interesting. And how little fighting there is. I think Skyrim is a really good streamlining of Morrowind, but the streamlining was never really necessary. I also like how the fighter's guild is essentially a legal organized crime organization where the leaders force noobs to perform their personal revenge missions.

    So I'm new to this subreddit, and to engaging with other fans in general, so please excuse me if I'm saying something stupid or obvious: but if I were to have a modern remake, I wouldn't want to change too much. A better inventory, maybe a more varied score, imo, and just to placate the blood thirst I guess it should have a hit-to-do-damage system instead of the invisible dice. But I wouldn't want fast travel or the like, for example.

    So yeah. I'm loving it. Even the somewhat convoluted story is really interesting.

    submitted by /u/deckarde
    [link] [comments]

    Morrowind "Gold Mod" Meme Video?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Several years ago I stumbled on a joke yt video for a meme mod someone had made where Arrille's Tradehouse gets turned into a weed den with marijuana leaves everywhere.

    Not saying it was the height of humor, but you see so few meme mods for morrowind that it felt kinda unique and it was also pretty high effort. Anyway can't find the video anywhere, so was wondering if I was just dreaming it, or maybe someone could find a link.

    I believe it was called "Gold Mod" but my memory is sketchy so maybe not.

    submitted by /u/Jam373
    [link] [comments]

    By Zenithar, do you think you can raise 50 drakes?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Morrowind Concept Art Palace - Final release

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    the combat mechanic is ok, just need a little tweak

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I know, I know, morrowind combat mechanics are old and dusty, but we all agree that it's good in a way, it just needs a little tweaking, I didn't like it very much at first, heck, I didn't like it at all , but then as I was leveling up my skills, I could tell the difference, so I think, this is amazing, because it's a way to let you know that your character is growing, in the way that he knows how to balance a butter knife correctly, but i think it could be done better

    Is this off topic? Maybe yes, maybe not, but I just want to know how you guys feel about this combat mechanic in general, and I think you agree that we both love this game, and also this combat mechanic. So how to make it more "better":

    Dice roll: this mechanic bothered me at first, not being able to land a hit no matter how many I hit, but as I raised my level with polearms, the more I noticed the difference, in the end it became somewhat gratifying to see how I could use spear properly , but I think that something better could be done, as instead of making the blow miss the enemy's body, make it bounce or slide doing significantly less damage and in addition to spending more stamina than usual, these failed hits would be everything. What will you do if you are faced with a weapon that you hardly know how to handle but that could also be determined with certain skills, for example how lucky you are to land a miraculous blow, how strong you are to hit a rough blow or how skilled you are to hit a series of precise hits, (luck: critical hits, strength: charged hits, dexterity: consecutive hit combos)

    attacks: I love them, I love the different types of attacks, and I think it was such a waste that we didn't see that mechanic anymore, I mean it was fun, and it gives the game a more tactical approach, in the way that certain enemies can be more or less effective for certain types of attacks, such as cutting, stabbing, or blunt attacks

    animations: here's a good idea i saw in other games, dynamic animations, in the way you can see how your character can use a different animation set depending on how much training or skill he spent on a certain weapon tree, like a different stances, attack animations etc, this should take a different approach to the way you view your character and your way of becoming a master swordsman, it should also be great to see your character fight some bandits that they can't hold a sword correctly and then kill them in a graceful way while watching their flesh slide down your sword, whereas in the past you could only see how it bounced off their armor or simply deviated because you didn't know how to use a sword.

    These are just some ideas, I don't know if there are mods for this but it would be great if they told me, so far I'm enjoying this game since I can't play skyrim, but it still seems like a great RPG, I would love to see one of these mechanics in tes6, I just hope it's not something simpler than skyrim, nor is it a dark messiah of might of magic,

    submitted by /u/radsylph
    [link] [comments]

    Turns out Keening was just a big cake knife.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Playing on this is such a delight

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Found an old picture of my ordinators' helmet collection on my phone (it's bigger now)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    Getting my teeth kicked in (noob)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Picked up Morrowind since I'm a Skyrim pleb, I've been stuck on the egg poachers fighters guild quest, I'm getting absolutely destroyed by anything that isn't the little slugs and rats. I'm concerned that I'm doing something wrong if I can't even complete one of the first side quests I get. Any help would be appreciated! Long blade Breton btw. Medium armor

    submitted by /u/OBEENO
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe it's just me but I love the murky look of Morrowind. Trying to recreate that older look as I practice modeling/texturing plants and the like. More to come! This one is a little red mushroom.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Best UI scale mod?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    I play on a 3840 x 2160 monitor and the UI is just tiny! I tried using the FPS Optimizer mod but I'm pretty sure that's down since I get an error even trying to launch the game with it. Is there any mod that increase the text size/ on screen interface size? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GriftYT
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal that I have a total of 20 hours for this game so far and I’m only level 2?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    I'm a twat

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    As the title says I'm a twat. I have spent one and a half weeks trying to get morrowind and a few mods to work. Specifically morrowind rebirth. With all the extra buildings and everything. But try a I might nothing would work. I reinstalled added mods but nothing. Every time I looked from the starting boat to the mainland none of the buildings where there. It turned out after just creating the character and actually playing far enough to leave customs office (all of 2 mins) I would see everything. Two minutes or one and a half weeks. Twat indeed

    submitted by /u/raulmonkey
    [link] [comments]

    How does Tribunal generate the local map for Mournhold? Is there any mod that changes local maps? Is there a way to reset a local map?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Title questions. I also asked them on Tes3Mods but since it has much less activity than this subreddit, nobody has answered yet, so I thought that someone here could help. I have this weird black lines over the local maps in mournhold, like if there was a line of unexplorable land in the middle of map. I'm sure that Wrye Mash caused it somehow, and I'd like to know a way to reset the local map for Mournhold, or replace it enterily.

    submitted by /u/Coalsack94
    [link] [comments]

    On dual-card system, Morrowind loads integrated graphics but won't switch to dedicated GPU? Install MGE XE

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I've seen this issue asked occasionally so thought I'd share what I fouind.

    I recently got Morrowind free thru the Bethesda launcher. I have a Win10 (x64 v 1909) laptop with an Intel integrated and an NVidia dedicated GPU. However, even adjusting the "Manage 3D Settings" and adjusting the "Preferred Graphics Processor" to my NVidia card it still remained loading with the integrated GPU, whether using the Bethesda launcher, the Morrowind launcher, or the Morrowind application itself.

    I verified this by watching the NVidia GPU Activity monitor. I imagine there must be a similar tool for ATI, otherwise you'll have to monitor the Task Manager or use some other 3rd-party tool

    It seems some older games don't get properly detected by the graphics card switch utility, so it refuses to switch from integrated to dedicated GPU, even when settings instruct it to.

    I began modding just the same. I installed MCP with no change, then installed MGE XE which essentially upgrades the graphics engine hooks of the game. After this, the game was showing up in the NVidia GPU Activity monitor.

    So, to summarize, pure vanilla just won't cut it if you wish to play on a dual-card system. Not that most people here wouldn't be modding without at least those 2 mods. But this should at least calm worries and solve the issue for those who might be disheartened when they first load the game up.

    submitted by /u/BrotherChe
    [link] [comments]

    is there any way to keep the other NPCs looking nice with Better Bodies, while restoring Fargoth's face to its older glory?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment