• Breaking News

    Friday, February 28, 2020

    Morrowind I knew Morrowind lore was detailed... but role-playing as a scholar & ACTUALLY READING everything has me BLOWN AWAY. Has anyone else done this? What was your experience?

    Morrowind I knew Morrowind lore was detailed... but role-playing as a scholar & ACTUALLY READING everything has me BLOWN AWAY. Has anyone else done this? What was your experience?


    I knew Morrowind lore was detailed... but role-playing as a scholar & ACTUALLY READING everything has me BLOWN AWAY. Has anyone else done this? What was your experience?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Just found this beauty ... * heavy breathing *

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:37 AM PST

    The cat version of Vivec

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:21 PM PST

    Morrowind for the Soul.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, by Bethesda, is such a fucking good game. After an absence of over a decade, I still love this game. So thank you to the team that created this great game. And thank you to the community of fans who still work on this game. It's impressive.

    (The rest is a lengthy memoir of my history with this game, and a recent experience. Enjoy.)

    I played this game when I just a wee lad, when it first came out back in 2002. I played this game a lot. I would spend hours jumping around, pushing my acrobatics to new heights (100), diving into caves, mines, temples, and ruins. I became the hero of the land in a sprawling series of quests, discovering strange characters and powerful relics along the way.

    My friends played this game too. We shared ideas, some good, some more illicit. Us young teens learned how to murder people and steal their homes without the guards even knowing. Spells that would render you invisible proved a quick method to obtain powerful loot relatively quick. We would spend great effort to find the deepest dungeons and bring back the coolest shiny weapons and armor and jewels of their kaleidoscope of colors. We would stack them on empty tables, like small museums of our ruthless excursions. We would take turns swapping on the same characters, or switching to alternate ones we saved on each others hard drives. When someone dies, SWITCH. When someone finishes a quest, SWITCH. Wen someone feels like sharing, SWITCH.

    This game was groundbreaking at the time. It was massive, and the graphics were so good at the time. It was insane. The Xbox would take minutes to load the engine. MINUTES! Like you could go eat a bowl of cereal and it would still be loading. So the idea was to just leave it on and play as much as you could in one session. It was much better on PC. There was mods in that realm. I tried to push the limitations on the game and my family's communal DELL computer with mods. It was fun times, but life goes on.

    Fast forward over a decade and one of my friends, one that used to play back in the day, tells me he discovered a mod to play the game in a multiplayer state. I bought the game that day on Steam to try it out. He figured out how to host a server. His cousin, a newcomer, joined us on the adventure. The three of us dived into the world of Vvardenfell. We started in Balmora, with nothing but the clothes on our backs. I pretty much instantly began looting anything not in view of the guards and sold it to the kahjiit merchant guy, bought a knife, and went to a house that I was somewhat certain wasn't required for a quest and killed the lady who owned it, hit Dispose of Body, and ransacked all the goods.

    On our Discord chat, I announced: "Hey guys, I got us a house."

    My friend immediately told me to not be fucking up quest related people. It was so quick to just start doing the same crazy antics that we had learned to do as children, and now we were doing it from across the state, yelling and laughing into our headsets as we tapped away on our E keys and button-mashed the mouse keys. It was great. We spent some time making a minecraftish home base in Balmora, joined a house, got expelled from the house, rejoined the house. Got lost, jumped off mountains by accident, fought nix hounds and mud craps, powerleveled by jumping everywhere, so everytime we got into battle our stamina would be depleted. We revisited old places, and new ones, eager to find epic loots.

    Another thing that soon became apparent was that the world of Vvardenfell was pretty intense, and brutal, and rugged. I realized this as a child, but it wasn't as significant as it is as an adult. I mean, the main quest first introduces you to a man who is a drug addict and alcoholic, who works as a secret agent for the empire. There is skooma and moon sugar everywhere, which are IMO like cough syrup and cocaine. Kajhiit and argonians are just slaves on plantations. There are brothels and sex dungeons. Strange wizards live in isolated towers, and do weird wizardly shit. All the while the dunmer are in a pivotal stage in their culture; some have learned to find into their place in the empire, while others are staunch believers in the ancient traditions and influence of their past and wish to recapture history. There is all sorts of things to discover within this relic of a game, and the load times are lightning fast now!

    TLDR; I felt like doing some writing. Morriwind is a great game, and I'm grateful for it. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/FR0ZENBERG
    [link] [comments]

    My Morrowind Journal, Part IV

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:17 AM PST

    The previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comments/f793ps/my_morrowind_journal_part_iii/

    Day 13

    Ahnassi was elated when she heard of J'Dhannar's return to Elsweyr. I suppose it's for the best, even if he'll have better access to the sugar. She was so elated, she gave me a key to her house, telling me I was welcome there anytime, as well as to anything she owned.

    She also told me she was friends with Senyndie, a master trainer for acrobatics in Vivec's arena. I don't know: her house is already a reward beyond generous. At this point, I'm in debt to her, but I don't mind. I like her company as well as she likes mine.

    Day 14

    The weather here in Ald'ruhn is turbulent, the dust gets everywhere, but the one awful thing rarely spoken of is the fauna. Often on the prowl are the predatory equivalent for the kwama. I had to rescue a couple from these green insectoid wolves, pulling the two from the grasping mouthparts of one and blocking the blows delivered by the front paws of another.

    Those creatures are called Nix-hounds, while the other species of beast that harassed us are called Cliff Racers. The latter perch high yet fly low, searching for prey on top of the basalt towers that dot the landscape, then stirring up ash as they drag their harpoon-like tails on the chase. And if they don't swarm as much as the hounds, they're much harder to hit, either because of their speed or the whirls they tend to stir.

    And yet I hadn't fully remembered just how painful Cliff Racers were til around day 50.

    But it's people, not nature, that makes a place hospitable, and the citizens of Ald'ruhn are stalwart enough to remember themselves even in such harshness. An argonian tailor I encountered just outside Caldera offered me another job that didn't need rejecting -- to deliver some shirts -- and the recipient, a full-blooded Redoran clothier, sung praises of him, while two other local shopkeepers, a bookseller and an alchemist, are outlanders.

    https://preview.redd.it/rkejhrgy2nj41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=fedd01016438faf13e58cdd2966d40de79832905

    The clothier and the alchemist reside in the town's high street, called the Manor district, which is much like one of Vivec's cantons in that it's all under one roof. Only the roof is a colossal shell, and I mean shell literally, the structure being the carapace of a long extinct crab.

    https://preview.redd.it/69ie7at03nj41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=8cff163df4f88c65cfe9ad24917d9d48c00a8baa

    The other districts are designed similarly, while the interiors are just as interesting: tall white pillars, elaborate carpets and wall-paintings, lights of an incredible variety of colors. The style is simultaneously grand and cozy, with the only issue I've found being it's all covered in a thin film of dust.

    https://preview.redd.it/oqpxyfb93nj41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=f9470a60d5c852a63960da31520eeb0c31d0bdce

    Day 15

    https://preview.redd.it/32p0m1ml3nj41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=297b8184f0646ccbcb8b2006ae6aa028e77c3299

    If only the wind that carries me through Ald'ruhn were as honorable as the city itself.

    Not that I refuse unrighteous company altogether, but the business of the Fighters Guild, to provide force from outside the direct supervision of the state, is already tenuous. Reducing ourselves to a common band of thugs provides our enemies the argument for our dissolution. Soon, our charter shall be nothing more than a formality, to be blown away by some slight political tempest.

    Everyone I've talked to here emphasizes how honorable the Great House ruling over this city is, and most of those I've engaged are my fellow outlanders. Percius Mercius, in particular, puts things into focus. He's the steward of the Guild's chapter here, and he claims that we only got to so shameful a state due to the influence of another Great House.

    I'm inclined to believe him, if only because he shares the same opinion regarding violence, but every group has its vices. The rest of the local chapter followed him out of Vivec, when Sjoring, the current Hlaalu-backed head of the guild, forced him off his seat. Of course, I still feel deeply disappointed I have to leave Ald'ruhn soon, but Lorbumol is the one who currently holds the key to my advancement, not Percius.

    Nevertheless, these last two days I've been embroiled in a lot of intrigue. Nothing duplicitous, mind you. For example, there's this lad, Ienas Sarandas, who owed five different shops money.

    All I heard from Bivale, the clothier, was what he owed her: it was my ingenuity that led me to the others. Knocking on Ienas' door, he let me in, though it was obvious by how I was armed that I was there to collect. Again, there was nothing duplicitous, which means it all happened in peace. I didn't even have to argue with him.

    His vanity was a familiar vice, and by a brief survey of his house I figured he was just as eager to soothe that itch with holiness as with extravagance. Holy texts were scattered about the place, one of which was a certain "Saryoni's Sermons", and sure enough the material was chastisement at a premium.

    "The Virtue of Generosity", I went, struggling to suppress the glimmer of mischief in my eye, "how could you forget? 'I shall neither hoard nor steal, nor encumber myself with profitless treasures, but shall share freely among house and hearth.' How could you shame your ancestors like this? Your parents, so recently deceased?!"

    He paled so much, for a moment he turned altmer!

    Ienas at once stripped naked, promising to donate all his goods to the Temple, and with Bivale receiving yet another delivery from me, I learned the rest: not only had he donated his goods, he also donated himself. I should pay him a visit some time, check on the progress of his novitiate.

    The Temple does know how to treat its own kind. Before Vivec, I'm to Balmora, in service of another intrigue. Aryni Orethi and her sister Inta were orphans, taken in by the Temple after the loss of both their parents, although Aryni still shouldered a good deal of responsibility over her younger sister.

    It was out of compassion that their sisterly bond was made almost motherly, as the Temple could not take care of them forever, not unless the two entered the priesthood. Indeed, when the time came Inta became a servant of Venim Manor, the Venims being one of the most powerful families among the Redoran.

    The Venims were also the reason why Inta suddenly fled Ald'ruhn.

    The local silt strider caravan has four destinations, and I choose Balmora first simply because it's along my way. Aryni has no idea where her sister could have gone -- what family lore they had was lost with the death of their parents -- nor any clue as to why she fled in the first place, other than the changes Inta went through serving the Venims. Like I said, every group has its vices.

    Day 16

    Inta was at Balmora, alright. Then she went southeast, and at Suran she spent the last of her money to go even further: Molag Mar. What were those Venims up to?

    But taking a caravan to Molag Mar after going on two trips straight just felt excessive. So I spend the rest of my day here at Suran, specifically Desele's...

    Day 17

    I got 500 drakes for Tongue-Toad and another 500 drakes for a local bounty: a Khajiit named Dro-Sakhar, legitimate, and as with the orc I first tried to convince him of the error of his ways. His death was quicker than gra-Bol's.

    My next job for Lorbumol takes me to Ald'ruhn: 2000 gold owed by one Lirielle Stoine, half of which I get to keep. Lirielle's based in the local Thieves Guild club, so I'll have to confirm this with Percius first, though I'm confident this will be as easy as with Helviane or Sottilde, and either way it's too lucrative for me to reject.

    But before that job, there's Molag Mar. This time I'll go on foot. In fact, I journeyed from Suran to Vivec on foot, stumbling upon a couple of Hlaalu plantations. For a House that's supposedly the most advanced, the most Imperial of the bunch, they sure do keep a lot of slaves...

    There, I got briefly accosted by one Manos Othreleth, guard and -- ugh! -- overseer. Apparently I collected Desele's debt on his behalf.

    I'd like to think he's more of a pig than I am, but I did possess the power to refuse....bah! what's done is done. All I can do now is hope Suvryn Doves is a legitimate client.

    Day 18

    https://preview.redd.it/63t34e204nj41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=119ac64b1a17bd4e391edcf2c6085a03a045ce6d

    Every service here at Molag Mar is tailored for the pilgrims that make this town their refuge. Inta insisted she work at one of the local inns, St. Veloth's Hostel, even when she was offered free shelter, but recently she's found her true calling.

    No, I still haven't met her, and I might not meet her for a while. One of the local priests recommended she take a pilgrimage up the nearby Mount Kand, and I followed after her trail, going on an accidental pilgrimage myself.

    It's interesting how intimate the Tribunal's alliance is with the planes of Oblivion, that Mount Kand's shrine should be guarded by three atronachs, one for each element. It hints at their power, or perhaps their weakness -- vice and dishonor are weaknesses, whatever their immediate results -- especially as, just across the temple, there's a slave market.

    How could the monks here live such quiet lives, when the slaves next door so wail over their fate? Perhaps the slaves are more one with their gods than these monks: suffering often brings out piety, as comfort erodes it. I hope that Inta still finds the spiritual satisfaction I doubt the Temple as it is now would provide her, not so much through the Temple as through the virtues already within her, empathy and eager service, virtues that will only be cultivated by the sort of life becoming a devoted member of such a cult entails, whatever the cult's actual lessons.

    That is, if Inta manages to return. All of this could be for naught, as I found not a single trace of her when I scoured the mountain...

    Oh, yes, and my roommate Stenet here insists I mention him in my journal. Sir Stenet, I should say, and a fellow Redguard too! Keeps blocking my way for one reason or another whenever I go in and out of my room--- I wonder what curse brings him to this town.

    submitted by /u/RiverMund
    [link] [comments]

    Portable​ Orc!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:05 PM PST

    Question about Antares' Big Mod's Temple Patriarch perks

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:43 AM PST

    To anyone who are quite familiar with the mod: It is about being the Patriarch of the Temple. I haven't gone to main quest and the mod gives you the key to the palace, but Vivec keeps saying "You have come uninvited..." yeah dude I just became your patriarch wtf. The mod tells he can give you blessings and duties but it's just that and goodbye

    submitted by /u/-Joms-
    [link] [comments]

    I can't figure out what is wrong with my character

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:41 PM PST

    I have no diseases or curses or anything as far as I know but for some reason two of my attributes are still being lowered. Unless...do curses no show up as an active effect? I really don't know whats going on

    submitted by /u/ItzSilentStorm
    [link] [comments]

    Figurine / Collectible

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:33 PM PST

    Looking for a morrowind style figurine or collectible to put on display when I build a PC later this year.. something similar to the one that came with the collectors edition of morrowind. Ordinator, nerevarine, something that is undoubtedly morrowind.

    Does anyone know a good website to find one?

    submitted by /u/FullMetalBAMF
    [link] [comments]

    Some useful hints about map notes

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    I am coming back to Morrowind after many years and have been rummaging about in guides & FAQs etc to get myself up to speed on gameplay mechanics and the like before I jump back in. In my researches I came across a very useful blog post I discovered a few years ago and thought to post it here just in case some others might find it useful. I am also posting what I think is the best guide series for the games mechanics. If others have particular guides they think are good maybe post them here too.

    http://vegtabill.blogspot.com/2014/01/vegtabills-guide-to-map-notes-in-tes3.html

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOL2IxnnfYU&list=PLobdprIgcqJ82TKnySC6yIzP9CO9ixyz_

    submitted by /u/PeaceVector
    [link] [comments]

    I have yet again come to the same conclusion I had many times..

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Each playthrough of me sitting to play morrowind is nothing but proof how this game is amazing. There is nothing that proves skyrim is better than this.. nothing except graphics.

    As of the topic conclusion I want to share is how rich morrowind is: The text each NPC talks is soo much, it would be a chore, tiring despair if it was voice-acted..! And yet as text read only this is perfection.

    Each npc is so unique, one is commoner, pauper, temple guard, like.. probably 50 different types of proffesions! In skyrim I still have no idea what the majority of npc are.. Skyrim NPCS are shallow and nameless!

    And in morrowind, each npc gives directions and talks about this and that.. in skyrim there is simply no need for any of this. Why? Because skyrim is shallow.. directions of what? Each city has bare bones merchants that you know by the letter.

    In morrowind there are so many merchants, trainers, busy townsfolk.. Most dont want to talk to you, they have so much more reaction if you are different race.

    It would be insane amount of voice acting required to voice so much text morrowind provides..

    And yet: you skimp through text at your own convenience yet find insane amount of information and you are ready to go do your thins. In voice acting game it would tire you out!

    p.s. morrowind UI is incredible. I think its the best ever. You see all at once, but it can be valid topic on its own.

    submitted by /u/Dawnguards
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a reason Eldafire hangs out under the bridge in Seyda Neen sometimes, telling you to leave her alone?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:17 AM PST

    I've spent so much time trying to unravel this. Is it just a weird bug?

    submitted by /u/marajute
    [link] [comments]

    Q about Attributes and multipliers

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:04 PM PST

    If I do not have a skill from a particular attribute in either my major or minor skills, will I still be able to use miscellaneous skill increases in that attribute to get stat multipliers?

    submitted by /u/PeaceVector
    [link] [comments]

    Having some audio issues.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:30 AM PST

    I have been dealing with this reoccurring issue for almost the whole time that I have been playing Morrowind. However, recently it somehow got worse, despite doing nothing which should make it worse.

    The issues is where my characters gets hit, while wearing armor, and the sound effect is incredible loud. No other sound effect in the game is this loud. Changing my audio settings does nothing, ever when every audio setting is muted and I haven't installed mods, so that isn't the issue.

    Just asking if anyone has had this issue and knows who to solve it or can offer any other solutions, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bl1ndF0re
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment